Timsludwig5.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Timsludwig6.jpg
    Timsludwig6.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 1,656
  • Timsludwig7.jpg
    Timsludwig7.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 1,473
Tim, you kit is either falling over backwards, or is about to take off...cant tell..

Seriously, wow, I love it!! Its got so much personality and a one-of-a-kind feel to it. I love the whole franken style and the cymbals and the angles..everything

..I'm sure you've explained this many times over by now, but could you tell me why you have the kit set at this angle? Gatzen does too, but I'm not sure if there are any others..?

. Is it for your back? or for your footwork? or something else?

Really nice setup I've always liked vista's.

That's some crazy bass drum mic positioning LOL.

Congrats,
Bonzolead

Sweet franken vistalites!! What a setup. I'd love to hear some of your playing on a kit like this. Specs on cymbals?

That is an amazing set you got there!
How do you like your tom tom arrangement?
Are those the vruk things you have on you hi hat and bass pedals?
If so, how do you like them and where did you get them? I want to give them a try...

Tim I think it's a sad indictment on drummers that even a highly skilled pro like yourself can't afford matching drums, but stick with it bro; one day you will get the kit of your dreams........

That is a great set up.

I like it Tim!

Congrats. Would love to hear it.

Mike

Tim,

Gotta love franken kits but for some reason Im not a huge fan of all the "specialties" you have on your kit, When I see your setup, I immediately think the reasoning for all the reclined angle on everything is some sort of technique issue... Dont get my wrong you have blazing fast feet but theres more to feet than speed. For me ive always wanted to be able to play on any kit anywhere anytime and every time I see a pic of your set it makes me go, "ide lke to see how he handles playing anything BUT his kit" It just seems to me theres to much custom positioning and also the vrux pedal dont help. Anyways to each his own and congrats on the upgrade.

I'm sorry if it comes across rude Im just giving you my .02

JP

Tim, you kit is either falling over backwards, or is about to take off...cant tell..

Seriously, wow, I love it!! Its got so much personality and a one-of-a-kind feel to it. I love the whole franken style and the cymbals and the angles..everything

..I'm sure you've explained this many times over by now, but could you tell me why you have the kit set at this angle? Gatzen does too, but I'm not sure if there are any others..?

. Is it for your back? or for your footwork? or something else?
Yes I am using Bob's drumframe and yes it is for my back.
Long stry short my car accident right after my world record...
Tim

Tim,

Gotta love franken kits but for some reason Im not a huge fan of all the "specialties" you have on your kit, For me ive always wanted to be able to play on any kit anywhere anytime and every time I see a pic of your set it makes me go, "ide lke to see how he handles playing anything BUT his kit" It just seems to me theres to much custom positioning and also the vrux pedal dont help. Anyways to each his own and congrats on the upgrade.
i can and do play ANY kit in any configuration without or without a double pedal and can do just fine I just got these drums from mY ENDORsement with LUDWIG
do a search and you'll see me playing MANY drumkits check out my drumcanman stuff Also
when I do drum clinics or teach i play on whatever kit is there and i dont adjust it much.
Tjhe drumframe allows me to TOUR and make a living as a drummer with a screwed back..
Tim

Great setup man! I think the folks that fulfilled your order were colorblind, however... ;)

You have the HHX Dry Ride I just got ride of! Ha! It's great, just wasn't what I wanted.

I've seen pics of Tony Royster Jr. playing in a frame at an angle like that...I bet it's very comfortable...but not a lot of fun to haul around.

Great looking drums!! One of my favorite Frankenkits I have seen.

Is the drum frame hard/heavy to transport? It looks very well built, and a lot of fun to play on. It looks like you need two people to lug it around though...Does it break down into smaller pieces easily for transport?

Is the drum frame hard/heavy to transport? It looks very well built, and a lot of fun to play on. It looks like you need two people to lug it around though...Does it break down into smaller pieces easily for transport?

I think it can be disassembled for transport, and the version that Tim has weighs 50 lbs I believe.

www.drumframe.com

The drumframe EZ comes apart.
we travel in a Caravan when we tour so everything NEEDS to be compact
Tim

Tim,

My appologies I didnt have a clue, I wasn't dissing on your playing at all as your way better than me, It just irks me people going way out of the way with over the top custom positions ect... I guess my modo is K.I.S.S. but like I said to each his own.

Again my sincere appologies, I would use a rack too if I was you HELL YEA!! :-D

JP

Back