Best Sounding 4-Piece Kit Under $1000?

MagicNelson

So I just upgraded my cymbals and now I'm looking to upgrade my kit. Right now I'm using a Ludwig Accent set and it sounds decent but I know there are better sounding drums to be had out there. I've only got around $1000 to spend, and I'm hoping that you guys can help me out with some suggestions. I prefer 4-piece kits and I already have hardware, so I'm just looking for shells. I'm playing rock and alternative styles and occasionally worship styles at my church (hillsong stuff etc.).

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Search eBay for four piece Gretsch Maple Renown like these. You will not be disappoited.

Here is my set.

Attachments

• CIMG0351.JPG
    CIMG0351.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,949
If you go a little further with the GC link, you will notice that the Corey Miller kit is coming in at a nice price. Nice looking kit and I'll bet it's a step up from the Accents. Not very "churchy" though, if that's important to you.
633609218623886824.jpg

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz Set! =]

it makes my life for such a low price!!!

I would definetly look into the ddrum dominion maple or ash, and the 2007 sonor's. I know they come in 5 piece, but I have owned both and for the money they sound great.

I own a DW now and frankly would be just as happy with either of those. Don't get me wrong my DW sounds great to me, but I question if it sounds $1200 better....if you know what I mean.

how old is your Accent kit? the new ones cost about a 1000$ and with good heads sound great, so unless your drums are old and banged up i'm not sure if you would get a big improvement in sound by spending your 1000$

sorry, not sure if this helps or not, just my .02$...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll be sure to check those out.

My accent set is about 4 years old and its the lowest model...it cost me about $299 new at the time. The shells are poplar or something like that and they don't sound too good except when I use alot of dampening..

Dude watch this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DDrum-Dominion-...ryZ38097QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

even at the BIN of 550+70 ship, this is an incredible kit at an incredible price. Ash shells with pro cut bearing edges, black chrome nickel hardware, lacquer sparkle finish, DIE CAST HOOPS ON ALL DRUMS, the snare even has snare beds. The seller even fitted it with premium heads which makes these kits sound like a 2000 dollar kit. Man i'm tempted to buy it myself.

Those pics really suck though goto http://www.ddrum.com/main2.php look up acoustic drums> dominion ash pocket> java sparkle, it's killer.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet...you can get a Mapex Pro M for around $600 on eBay or Craig's List right now, and they are just awesome kits. Some of the best sounding drums I have ever played.

the new Ludwig Accents are birch and sound good if you wanted to stick with Ludwig.

i gotta recomend the Mapex's too - Mbirch and ProM both sound great.

also PDP FS series and Yamaha Stage Custom, both birch shells.

and yes, used.

good hunting!

Back