Tonys Drum Utopia

WhoIsTony?

I posted this in the Gretsch thread....but wanted to share it as it's own thread as well
I hope it's not a problem .

.......so the wife and I just had a beautiful house built on 7 acres up in the woods of Green Brook NJ.
for the first time in my life I am not in a city where I can walk to get a cup of coffee....an adjustment process for me for sure.

but in the house I had a sound controlled music room built in.
it's not finished being set up yet but I was anxious to show my Drummerworld brothers my new utopia.

I'll be sure to post more when it is complete with some amazing art work I bought.
some great paintings of Tony Williams, Art Blakey, and Elvin Jones done by a local artist will be gracing the walls.
and a beautiful cymbal display that I will erect for my 25 or so cymbals that I love dearly.

but for now here are my Gretsch babys

up on the shelf :

merlot sparkle New Classic - 10, 12, 14, 20
champagne sparkle 1966 RB - 12, 14, 20 - matching snare in snare display
marine pearl Catalina bop - 12, 14, 18 - matching snare in snare display

on the floor :

Brooklyn Bop in mahogany finish - 12, 14, 18 - matching snare
cymbals on the bop - all Zildjian K Con
22" medium thin low
20" light with 3 rivets
14" hats

other snares in snare display -
90s Ludwig black beauty
red glass Pearl Masters

life is good

That is freakin' awesome! Can't wait to see the paintings.

Ants! That is inspired!

I'm trying to visualize where I'd lay my sleeping bag when I crash your place next summer :)

Envious! I can't think of a more deserving person WhoIs?. Bit of culture shock for you eh? Me, I like being not in the city. I make the best coffee in my French Press anyway. Very envious my friend. If you are up for company, you can invite me lol. I would def come up for a hang.

Beautiful collection you got there Tony!
and that Round badge Gretsch kit... WOW!

Wow! This is simply fabulous and inspiring. The new home sounds and looks from the pictures you have shared - incredible!

7 acres with woods is by far a dream setting for me.

If you ever have a group hang, I would love to have a chance to participate. I will even cut your grass.

Congratulations!

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you like Gretsch drums a slight bit :)

Beautiful setup, Ant.

You'll grow to love the country, I'm sure.

Would love to see the artwork when you get it in.

Hey, you got the 22 after all, good move.

Yamaha single braced stands and dw pedals too.

A man with taste.

Very nice, but shouldn't there be a USA Custom in Yellow Lacquer somewhere ? :)

Don't worry, I'll bring that one. I should have it by the time I've saved up enough to move into Ants' house and pay rent. :)

Looks idyllic, Mysterious Tony. Good to be away from the hurly burly - esp with a sound controlled room with distance between you and neighbours. How does it go with work from out of the city?

Silence can sometimes be deafening - so it's a good thing you have your drum room so you can make all the sounds you want.

The room (and the drums) look lovely! Clean, sharp and lovely!

Nice one

That's a gorgeous room. I don't know if you thought about this, but I think the black shelf in contrast with the white wall is a nice, reasonably subtle design touch- literally underlining the drums there.

I hope they're not too hard to get down :)

Back