Groove Juice to Clean Wrap-Finished Drums?

NIMBY

Evening all (and possibly good morning to some).

I am considering while i have nowhere to set my drums up in my new house at the moment to take them all apart and give them a really good clean.
I did a search on what i should use to clean the shells where I found a thread saying that Groove Juice was perfect for laquer-finished drums.

So, what I want to know is would Groove Juice be a good cleaner for my wrap-finished Tama Hyperdrives?

I wouldn't go with the Groove juice as it is a organic acid that could damage the shells. Instead I would use a high-quality, non-abrasive, non-wax furniture polish. NEVER spray polish directly onto the drum shell, always spray the cloth first, and then gently polish the drum.

I've used Groove Juice on several really old wrapped kits and it takes off the dirt, dust, and other junk and shines them up just fine. The folks at my local guitar center said they use it on their drums. I have not noticed any negative streaks, smears, or smudges on the wrap - and the wrap is at least 35 years old.

In fact, to shine up chrome I've used Chrome polish and very fine 0000 steel wool.

Good luck!

Lemon Pledge. It works great. I've used it for 35 years on wrap and lacquer finish Spray it on the cloth than wipe it on let it dry a monent, than wipe off with clean cloth. It won't cake up like wax.Its fast, easy, works on chrome, and smells great. Theres no better way.

I did my 2 rack toms and 14" floor tom today with Groove Juice and they turned out pretty good, nice and shiiiny.
Tomorrow I'll do the bass drum and 16" floor tom.

Only downside to the clean - the scratches come through alot more now haha, oh well. there's not too many so it's not noticeable.

I'll throw some snaps up when I've finished.

all I know is when I used Groove Juice on my cymbals i=on my tile kitchen counter it ate the glaze right off the tile.

I wont tough the stuff again.

Auto detailing spray works great! I use Turtle Wax ICE but any quality detailing spray will work.

There is no need to use such an acid on your drums. It's too risky. Maybe it works and doesn't damage the drums but, the stuff is acid.

Pledge works fine. Why risk it?

Yeah, im still a bit worried about having used it.
But, i haven't noticed any new blemishes or anything since the clean 2 days ago.
I definitely won't be using it again for my drums, just for peace of mind.

So Pledge will work fine on a wrap-finish?

Yeah, im still a bit worried about having used it.
But, i haven't noticed any new blemishes or anything since the clean 2 days ago.
I definitely won't be using it again for my drums, just for peace of mind.

So Pledge will work fine on a wrap-finish?

It will work but it may also leave them greezy. The auto detailing spray is for metal, plastic and rubber. You can't go wrong with it.

It will work but it may also leave them greezy. The auto detailing spray is for metal, plastic and rubber. You can't go wrong with it.
Ah, fantastic. I'm shall run out and grab some before I start on my bass drum.

Back