Buying a new set and narrowed it down.

Drumrunner

I'm getting a new set before the end of the year and found some local deals that i can put on layaway now.

Yamaha oak custom in blue sparkle. 10,12,14,16,24 no snare, shellpack, comes with double tom stand. Been in the store for over 2 years and i can get it for $1300.

Tama starclassic bb in purple sparkle wrap. 10,12,14,22 no snare shellpack. Long time in the store. $900

Mapex pro m. 10,12,14,16,22 snares 14 and a free 13 black panther. Also comes with the floor tom stand and a snare stand. Same deal everyone else can get but if i order now i can get it in any color i want by years end. $1300

I would have included the Gretsch renowns but for some reason they are all around $1600 now.
What do you guys think?

Have you played on any of them?

They are all pretty good kits, have fun choosing.

Tama starclassic bb in purple sparkle wrap. 10,12,14,22 no snare shellpack. Long time in the store. $900

are you kidding me? is that atama starclassic birch and bubinga for 900? AND fusion sizes?

holy

shiz

nit

i want it.

you need to get him to ship to chicago.

thats true....
i would get that too...cause of the woods mixed...

shoot, they're all good prices...so get them all...

walk in, be like...ill give you 2,000 for all of them...see what they say...

are you kidding me? is that atama starclassic birch and bubinga for 900? AND fusion sizes?

holy

shiz

nit

i want it.

you need to get him to ship to chicago.

Alex

I'd be looking at the Oak Custom or the Starclassic because both are a step above the Pro-M. It just comes down to personal taste, oak isn't everybody's thing, but I think it's great. The BBs are seriously nice drums too, probably a bit more versatile the Oaks.

I'd probably get the BBs and put the money you saved (compared to the other two kits) into the missing legs and hardware.

How are you doing in regards to snares? Only the mapex comes with one....

Not a fan of tama drums. I dont know why but i just cant seem to like the sound on any of their sets.
I think you should get the Mapex because of the bp. If the bp was not part of the pacakge, i would get the yamahas.

wow. the tamas cheap. but id go for the yamaha. and that's coming from a tama lover.

I can't honestly give an opinion on the Tama or the Mapex, but I can tell you I have 3 Yamaha kits and one of them is the Oak Customs and I love them. Thats a great price for that kit. Does it come with all the mounting hardware?

Good luck

Those are 3 very different kits. Very different sounds from very different woods. Different brands too, different, different, different.....

They are all great kits so I can understand why you like them all, but I would use your ears to narrow down from here based on which kit gives you the best sound for what you are looking for.

OR

Take bojangleman's advice and offer them $2000 for all of them!! Probably won't happen, but it would likely get you two of them. Maybe try $3000 for all three kits AND the missing mounts and legs for the Tama. Hell, you got 'til the end of the year to make good on the cash - why not?

Back