My current setup

D2 Drummer

Hi everyone,

I've been working on rearranging my setup for a long while. I've also learned a lot from this forum & from other drummers who are part of my influence.

After about a year of constantly adjusting every part of my drums, including each hardware, for best comfort, playability & sturdiness, i came up with this set up. It feels very comfortable, and everything is within reach. Also, there is less twisting, which is good.

Please let me know your opinion on it, and any suggestions that you may have.

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

I personally would shift the ride towards the floor tom a bit more, and lower the high hats, but thats just personal preference. It looks a mighty comfortable setup to play!

Looks awfully front-heavy with the cymbals, and the rack tom looks a bit cramped and covered, but if you're happy, I'm happy.

I personally would shift the ride towards the floor tom a bit more, and lower the high hats, but thats just personal preference. It looks a mighty comfortable setup to play!

You might have a point with the ride, i might try shifting it towards the floor tom a little, and also a little to the right. I should point out that the crash/ride is a 19", so it might look bigger in these pictures.

For the hi hat... i sort of like them that way. I'm about 5.8" or 5.9" in height, and i positioned them so when i sit to play from hats to snare, i won't be leaning & bending my back.

I like to keep my back straight when sitting on the throne, so i pretty much measured by playing cross stick from hats to snare, and then finding the sweet spot where my back is straight and the distance between the two is equal

Looks awfully front-heavy with the cymbals, and the rack tom looks a bit cramped and covered, but if you're happy, I'm happy.

I agree with the rack tom... i just purchased my 10" splash and I've been playing around a bit to see where it fits most. so far I'm at a testing stage to see if i like the way its placed here. I might reduce the height of the splash cymbal a little, like in the middle of the two cymbals. I might also just put it on top of my 16" crash, but we'll see how this feels for a while.

I took your advice on the ride cymbal, and i also shifted it a little to the right. It feels even better now, and i have great access to the bell without reaching too far. Also the same goes for riding. I now have it where my drum stick hits the sweet spot on the ride for a full tone

I lowered the splash cymbal, so it's centered-horizontally in between the crash & ride cymbal. Feels good

Back