[TAMBURO OPERA] Sweety Italian Hand Made ! PICS Inside

daniboun

Hello guys,

I'd like to introduce my new drumset. I live in Lyon (France) and I just bought in Italy this brand new Tamburo Opera Calssic Plus. It has been made in February 2009 TH and its serial number is 8816.

Main Features :

• Multilayer staves design shells

• Shell made with combination of selected North American Maple and Birch of Finland 7-ply / 7,5mm

• Epoxy resin bearing edge (for the chainfreins)

• Die-cast hoops

• Equipped with EVANS drumheads

• New design "T-lug" lugs.

SETUP :

20*16 / 10*8 / 12*8 / 14/14

Batter heads : Evans G2 Coated

Reso Heads : Remo Diplomat Clear

Bass drum : Evans EMAD and Evans G3 Reso.

Snare :

Salmieri Artist Studio 14*5.5 in Sapelli Tropical African Wood (called also Aboudikro)

S Hoops 100% equiped

Batter Head : Ambassador X Coated

Reso Head : Evans Hazy 300

About Epoxy Chainfrein :

This new feature is the stave reinforcement ring made of 2-ply evaporated beech wood which makes the shell more rigid, while the cast epoxy bearing edge allows for perfect seating of the head. All metal components are new: lugs, claw hooks and tom arms.

Hardware

Tamburo Serie 3000
Snare Stand Omniball
4 X Cymbal Stands
Bipod Hihat Stand
Pearl P900 Bass Pedal

Cymbals

No Name Handmade Turkish B20 (kind of mix between Paiste 2002 and Zildjian Avedis)
I bought it in a German Store because they sound really nice

How it sounds :

This is a terrific drum trust me !

I'll get some MP3 samples asap. The tons are warmed and focused (thanks to the epoxy chainfrein), the mix between US hand selected Maple and Birch of Finland provides a very well balanced sound. I love it !

Let's see it now :)

Last edited:
Wow, what a stunning kit! I bet it sounds amazing!

I like the S-Hoops, too. I also use them on my snares, but batter only because the snare side gets too close the head surface under full tension for my comfort.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. That kit is really something.

Bienvenue sur DW forum et félicitation pour ce merveilleux kit. Simplement Parfait !

Il manque seulement des photo du kit tout monté avec le hardware et cymbals...

The resin bearing edge profile is interesting. Is it very hard/ridgid, or does it have some flixibility? I've been experimenting with different materials as the shell/bearing edge interface, & it's fascinating to note the differences in resultant sound between the different material combinations. Again, great kit!

The resin bearing edge profile is interesting. Is it very hard/ridgid, or does it have some flixibility? I've been experimenting with different materials as the shell/bearing edge interface, & it's fascinating to note the differences in resultant sound between the different material combinations. Again, great kit!

I'd say that the ABS Epoxy bearing edge is not as so rigid as a wood bearing edge.
I owned severals drumset and the Epoxy bearing edge provides a really interesting focus sound, pretty easy to tune.

Sorry for my poor English... I've been living in France.

I'd say that the ABS Epoxy bearing edge is not as so rigid as a wood bearing edge.
I owned severals drumset and the Epoxy bearing edge provides a really interesting focus sound, pretty easy to tune.

Sorry for my poor English... I've been living in France.
Thank you. Your English is a lot better than my French.

As I thought, the softer material is less resonant than the wood of the shell, & therefore offers a degree of isolation. This reduces head sustain, but increases shell tone, especially on a thin shell. That's the mechanics of the focussed sound you describe. I've been experimenting with the isolation concept, & I've taken it to both extremes of the resonance spectrum, & your description makes complete sense. Thank you for this, & I'm sure you'll enjoy your wonderful drums.

Thank you. Your English is a lot better than my French.

As I thought, the softer material is less resonant than the wood of the shell, & therefore offers a degree of isolation. This reduces head sustain, but increases shell tone, especially on a thin shell. That's the mechanics of the focussed sound you describe. I've been experimenting with the isolation concept, & I've taken it to both extremes of the resonance spectrum, & your description makes complete sense. Thank you for this, & I'm sure you'll enjoy your wonderful drums.

Indeed, your technical description is perfect :)
This Tamburo Opera is the best drum I've ever played ! It kicks ass

I missed this thread due to a relatively long absence. Beautiful kit, both from a sound and a visual perspective!

Additionally, you are particularly lucky, because your kit is still signed by Tamburo's founder, i.e. Tullio Granatello, in my opinion one of the gratest modern drum gurus (first Tamburo full stave set: 1984!). As you probably already know, Tullio stayed with Proel, which acquired the Tamburo brand in the mid nineties, until a couple of years ago, when he founded his new company, Volume Drums http://www.volumedrums.com/.

I missed this thread due to a relatively long absence. Beautiful kit, both from a sound and a visual perspective!

Additionally, you are particularly lucky, because your kit is still signed by Tamburo's founder, i.e. Tullio Granatello, in my opinion one of the gratest modern drum gurus (first Tamburo full stave set: 1984!). As you probably already know, Tullio stayed with Proel, which acquired the Tamburo brand in the mid nineties, until a couple of years ago, when he founded his new company, Volume Drums http://www.volumedrums.com/.

Yeah I kown that and I'm really in love with my set. I spent this last days testing a few drumset and never found such a great set. Even the DW Collector one is not as well as my Opera, a friend of mine plays on it. This Tamburo is the drumset I dreamed of :) Thanks Mister Tullio !

Take a look to my custom snare too :

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79425

Back