in the market for a new kit...

azrae1l

Silver Member
i haven't used this site for a while now, but in the market for a new kit. some of the old online drum shops i used to browse seem to no longer exist. so, who's giving the best deals these days?

unless anybody out there wants to sell me some saturn 3's in trans cherry with a 22x20 bass drum so i can just add on....

rupps likes to run up prices and their not the most friendly of people...

when i bought my saturns they tried to charge me $3600 for a set everybody else was selling for $1800.

Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, and ZZounds, while not traditionally drum dealers, have added drum stuff more and more to their catalogs, and often sell things at good sale prices. I have surprisingly seen really good deals on Amazon at times. Ebay merchants, as well.

Drums in the Wind. Fork's Drum Closet. Greenbrier Music. Cascio Interstate is a good one. They run sales all the time.

I can also say that Dale's was pretty good price wise and good staff to deal with when I bought a DW set I had. I dealt with Dave, gave me some real good deals. (I don't live far from there, maybe 40 minutes. 30 minutes if I cut through some people's yards and corn fields) I also dealt quite a bit with Greenbrier Music. I had a good experience with them, good prices too.

One more vote for Dale's. I've purchased a lot of drums over the years and they're the best. If they stock what you're looking for, or work with the particular manufacturer, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them.

Drummer superstore

Drum centre nh did advertise a clearance on a saturn recently but they aren't very negotiable on anything.

ok so nothing new to be found anywhere. got some feelers out to mapex to see if they can still custom make some...

anybody know of some good sites for used? found nothing on ebay/google/cl or through searching. i belong to a few swap groups for jeep parts on facebook, i looked for some but nothing came up, anybody of any?

if this fails looks like i'm trading it in. which will upset me cuz i love that kit...

ok so nothing new to be found anywhere. got some feelers out to mapex to see if they can still custom make some...

anybody know of some good sites for used? found nothing on ebay/google/cl or through searching. i belong to a few swap groups for jeep parts on facebook, i looked for some but nothing came up, anybody of any?

if this fails looks like i'm trading it in. which will upset me cuz i love that kit...

I always look at adhuntr.com.......................it searches the entire Craigslist database in the states.

Found my BB on there a couple of years ago...............from Denver.

I paid $450 brand new

Good luck

I always look at adhuntr.com.......................it searches the entire Craigslist database in the states.

Found my BB on there a couple of years ago...............from Denver.

I paid $450 brand new

Good luck

oh nice! beats the way i was doing it city by city....

Back