Bitten by the Gretsch bug...again!

pearlygates

Gold Member
There are a million of these little kits posted on this forum..so I'm thinking..why not a million and one??
In need of a small - venue, B I G sounding kit..These followed me home..hopefully 2 trips car to stage/vice versa.. I also ordered some Gibraltar 8600 flat based stands to take the place of the heavy stuff in the photos. I was originally looking at the WMP finish, but when I saw this one..wow! The very first green anything I can say that I have evere owned!

Last edited:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

I really like the finish. Looks like a lot of fun.

How do you like the Remo Powersonic bass drum batter head?

Cheers.

Never seen that finish before, sure is a beaut!
Yeah and soon you wont see it at all anymore.. According to Gretsch drums; This Emerald green pearl (Delmar) finish has a limited run of 140 kits worldwide and once they are gone..that's it. You should see this finish in person! stunning.. Thanks

Can you gimme It ? hehe. It looks professional and so beauty. Don't waste it ! (;
Sure.. PM me your address in Poland. Heck I will even spring for the shipping!
Haha! It won't be wasted. This little kit is a blast to play and sounds H U G E!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

I really like the finish. Looks like a lot of fun.

How do you like the Remo Powersonic bass drum batter head?

Cheers.
Thanks.. It really is a fun little kit to play.. it responds nicely to a soft touch, but will growl when you lay into it! The Powersonic..I actually like on this little 18" drum. The little drum sounds amazing! I had tried one in the past on a 22" drum and wasn't impressed..

I love it. Those Catalina Club kits are excellent.
Yeah, it just seems like everyone and their third cousin has one..prolly for good reason.

Kit specs;
DRUMS: Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz 6ply Mahogany shells in limited run Emerald green pearl. * 14x18" kick drum w/ Remo Powersonic batter/stock Gretsch reso (unported)
* 8x12" rack tom with mini GTS Evans (stock) G1 coated batter/ Gretsch reso.
* 14x14" floor tom w/ Evans (stock) G1 batter/Gretsch reso.

* 5x14" snare drum w/ Aquarian Hi-energy batter/ stock snare reso (changing to
aftermarket snare reso and Puresound brass 30 strand wire set. ( this drum
needs alittle TLC to get all the desired sound out of it.)

HARDWARE: (pictured) Mapex 550 series boom stand (ride)
Mapex 550 series high hat stand,
Gibraltar hideaway boom arms for crashes (mounted on tom mount w/
Pearl 3-way clamp.
Gibraltar grabber boom attachment for splash mounted to HH stand
Yamaha double braced snare stand
Yamaha Flying Dragon single pedal (chain driven) not shown
(stands will be replaced with all Gibraltar 8600 flat based pieces)
boom arms and clamps will remain as a means of simplification and weight
reduction.

Cymbals: Zildjian: K custom 20" ride, K custom 15" fast crash, A custom 16" medium
crash. Sabian XS20 14" high hats, 10" splash, HH 18" medium crash
(circa mid 80's-not in picture)

I think that for small venue gigs, this kit/set up cant be beat (hehe) I am going to use the clear stock kick batter as a reso with a 4" port for mic'd gigs and leave the white reso solid.
Over all I am very happy with the build and more over, the sound of these little Gretschs!
This is the second Gretsch kit that I have purchased in less than a month. I also have a Cat Maple that I love!! Looks like I am a Gretsch guy for good now. My very first set at age 7 or 8, was a 60's Gretsch BeBop (same config as the Cat Jazz pictured) that I am forever kicking myself for selling! Maybe some day I will own a USA custom.. for now, I really don't see a reason.

Last edited:
Back