Help Identifying a Gretsch Renown color

incrementalg

Gold Member
What is the name of this Gretsch renown color? I came across this 3pc shell pack online at Guitar Center and would like to know the color name if possible.

Attachments

• Renown.jpg
    Renown.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 181
Just standard renowns as far as I know. When I was researching online I came across some pure wood pics that looked identical in finish. I'm waiting for a response from the stores drum guy for specifics. The ad doesn't indicate sizes, but the tom looks pretty big.

I don't know that this will be my cup of tea, but I love that finish!!

Ya - the claws on my Purewoods are different than these. The ones here look like the spare set that came with my 2011 Custom USA Gretsch kit (I ordered a vintage buildout and they put these on my bd by mistake) - they sent me the correct ones....that I paid $180 extra for....and let me keep these ones....Nice of them!

Gary

What is the name of this Gretsch renown color? I came across this 3pc shell pack online at Guitar Center and would like to know the color name if possible.

Whatever they were, they were sold. I'm aggravated with GC customer service... Or total lack of.
A GC in California had a 5 piece autumn burst kit that looked to be in great shape. They dropped the price to $599. I contacted the store directly to inquire and buy them. Two times I got nowhere. 1st time I called and they said the drum guy wasn't in yet and took my number. Said he was due in shortly and would call me right back. An hour later no call, so I call again and get put on hold. I sat on hold for 20 minutes and decided they guy wasn't going to bother picking up. So, I called a third time and after a few minutes of trying to get some info on the kit I'm told someone else just bought it minutes before. Crap service.

I tried reaching out to the GC in Nashville on the red renowns and got no response at all. The drum manager put his direct GC email in the description and said to email him directly and a quick response to any questions. I emailed him twice and used the contact the store directly feature on the site. No response at all.

Back