the much awaited yammie maple custom here here!

Got some new heads.. coated- unusual for me.., and some awesome cymbals ( Zildjian K hybrids ) and an awesome camera ( Canon 5D )..

Heres a rough n ready test. Random drum noise but pretty good sound considering its not an 'audio mic', I thought.

Not sure if I like coated though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=LIztBXdc8Jg

Last edited:
That's a killer finish. I almost picked up a Beech Custom Absolute in the embossed green color, super nice. That's one of my few beefs with my Recording Custom, lack of finish options. I got a good one though. :)

Beautiful kit.

Got some new heads.. coated- unusual for me.., and some awesome cymbals ( Zildjian K hybrids ) and an awesome camera ( Canon 5D )..

Heres a rough n ready test. Random drum noise but pretty good sound considering its not an 'audio mic', I thought.

Not sure if I like coated though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=LIztBXdc8Jg

Almost missed this Abe.

Difficult to really appreciate the drum sound in all it's glory, but they sounded pretty damn lovely to me. I especially liked your bass drum & snare sound. Great video quality too. Does the camera have separate audio/mic inputs? I very much liked your cymbal sounds. Quite bright, yet musically so, & with good depth of tone beneath the attack. What really made me sit up though was your playing. You might only have been doodling, but man, that was a teasing glimpse into your world of quality sticksmanship. Your bass drum playing Abe, well, let's just say I'm jealous.

Left me aching to hear & see more :)

Almost missed this Abe.

Difficult to really appreciate the drum sound in all it's glory, but they sounded pretty damn lovely to me. I especially liked your bass drum & snare sound. Great video quality too. Does the camera have separate audio/mic inputs? I very much liked your cymbal sounds. Quite bright, yet musically so, & with good depth of tone beneath the attack. What really made me sit up though was your playing. You might only have been doodling, but man, that was a teasing glimpse into your world of quality sticksmanship. Your bass drum playing Abe, well, let's just say I'm jealous.

Left me aching to hear & see more :)

Thanks Andy. Thats a 5D Cannon, supposedly one of the best digtal cameras going thesedays, and its just the camera audio that you hear, nothing external.

The bass drum gets a lot of compliments live as well. Its a nice piece. Im actually really very thrilled with the shell construction of my MCANS. Its really hard to even want anything more, given how pleased I am. The snare is a gorgeous sweet and dry Sonor S Classix, birch/walnut 6 X 14. The cymbals are a mixed bag -The ride is a dry special K, an A custom, A paiste hybrid splash and a K constantinope..

the doodle was just playing around with doubles around the kit with different stickings. I've always had an inferiority complex about my footwork so have really put in a lot of work recently.

Back