My Gretsch Catalina Ash

Pimento

They sound really good, and i got them for a heck of a deal as well. I will be buying another 16" floor tom to tune a little differently. The whole kit is black wrapped with black nickel hardware. I use mostly gibraltar stands and a belt driven Iron Cobra double kick pedal.

n783115359_6011309_6467494.jpg

Its an older pic, i now set up my cymbals a little differently. They are all Zildjain A customs, one of the crashes and the splash is an A series and the China is an oriental i picked up for $75 second hand haha! I love it!

This was taken a year ago in our jam spot in the basement of a 150 yr old hotel, where the queen of England had stayed several times, it was pretty creepy to be down there a few times haha.

EDIT: Figured i would just keep posting pics as the kit evolved to keep things all in one thread :)

Heres the most recent, will get better ones when i take my camera to my jam spot.

Drums.jpg

Last edited:
They sound really good, and i got them for a heck of a deal as well. I will be buying another 16" floor tom to tune a little differently. The whole kit is black wrapped with black nickel hardware. I use mostly gibraltar stands and a belt driven Iron Cobra double kick pedal.

n783115359_6011309_6467494.jpg

Its an older pic, i now set up my cymbals a little differently. They are all Zildjain A customs, one of the crashes and the splash is an A series and the China is an oriental i picked up for $75 second hand haha! I love it!

This was taken a year ago in our jam spot in the basement of a 150 yr old hotel, where the queen of England had stayed several times, it was pretty creepy to be down there a few times haha.

The Queen stayed in the basement? Maybe that's why there are holes punched in the wall. Seriously, cool kit - congrats!

Haha, she stayed there like 100 years ago. Its in the worst part of the city i was in, crack dealers and hookers galore right outside of it. But the place was run by a dude who buys the crappiest bars in the bad areas of cities and turns them around. Hes kind of a biker dude with the "You can deal your stuff, but if you attract bad attention or harass customers i take you into this back room here....."

So we never were bothered and never had an issue with our gear, it was behind 3 separate locked doors. The basement was converted into a night club, hence the holes in the walls, but it was a cool jam spot and the owner used to buy us liquor licenses and let us put on after hour jam shows where we could sell booze and make some money. The guy really supported music.

Didnt realize that editing my first post would not bump the thread :)

New pic added hahaha you can see my 10" chopper i just purchased

Back