How to light up my kit

Popcorn Mogul

Hello you handsome people!
I am looking for a cheap-ish way to light up my kit (flash on impact or something or even just shroud me with an eerie glow) using LEDs or some such device. If you have done it, please assist.

another thing is, I have a opaque bass reso head and white batter heads on all my toms. Will it still look good with these?

There were some folks over at vdrums.com doing this. It was a DIY project as I recall. The basic idea was to tap off of the trigger signal to drive a switching transistor which drove the light. You could mount small piezo triggers on your drums to derive the trigger signal or use the mic signal if each item is mic'd separately.

That must make for a rather awkward playing style.

Lighter fluid works well.

Downside is it's a one time only affair.

But as mentioned, there is an explanation on the vdrum.com forum.

Hello you handsome people!
I am looking for a cheap-ish way to light up my kit

Just go for some of those long tube fluorescent lights, they're great and don't cost too much.

The preceding was the Member's lame attempt at humor. Please don't be offended. Thank you.

Just go for some of those long tube fluorescent lights, they're great and don't cost too much.

The preceding was the Member's lame attempt at humor. Please don't be offended. Thank you.

offended? I don't 'do' offended...
sorry to disappoint ;)

Last edited:
Back