New DW Acoustic EQ Snare Drum

moshpitdrummer

i was lookin around the DW website and saw this new snare drum

has anyone heard anything about this snare? i mean, i watched the videos, but i'm wondering what the real word is on it. i mean, it seems pretty sweet, but everything can have a bad side. has anyone used this snare before?

I personally have not heard anything. I will say DW makes great products. I am not sure if these will stick or not. They may be rare 30 years from now ;-)

I haven't played or heard one of these but there have been some product reviews in various drumming magazines.

Check out the UK's, "Rhythm". They published their review of the drum in May 2007. "Modern Drummer" did their review a month earlier. Hope this helps.

i saw these i while back and played one at my guitar center. it was kinda cool but the novelty wore off quickly. id rather have three or four good snares to chose from. plus, its pretty baller changing out snares on stage all steve jordan-like.

I remember watching videos about this a while ago.

It seemed like a cool idea, and it would be really fun to mess around with.
But i think after a while it would get kinda old.

Does anyone know how much one of these will set you back?

Isn't that the one with the slots that you can open or close? I saw it in Modern Drummer. Seems like a pretty jive idea to me.

Maybe it's just superstition but I don't like the idea of a drum cut-out slots on the sides, even if they can be "closed". Of course I can only really decide if it's good if I heard it. Modern Drummer really did seem to dig it.

I've only seen one of these in stores. It was priced at $900.00. It doesn't seem like it is catching on very well.

i saw these i while back and played one at my guitar center. it was kinda cool but the novelty wore off quickly. id rather have three or four good snares to chose from. plus, its pretty baller changing out snares on stage all steve jordan-like.

hahaha i agree with you on that one.

I used to have a DW snare but I eventually sold it for the price i got.
14" x 5" wood 10+6 ply reinforce rings just got boring.

now i happily own 3 snares
Ludwig Supraphonic 14 x 5
Black Panther Cherrywood 12 x 7
Black Panther Premium Birdseye maple 13 x 3.5

the black panthers combine cost me $275 :)

Back