cimg3687.jpg

Specs:
10" 12" 14" 22"
Cherry burst
14" DW collectors brass

Hardware:
Mostly Yamaha

Heads:
Remo Empereor Coated over and Evans g1 under.

Cymbals:

10" Sabian HHX Legacy splash
13" Zildjian A-custom Mastersound hi-hat
16" Zildjian K-custom dark crash
16" Zildjian A-custom crash
16" Sabian AAX china
22" Istanbul Mehmet ride
Meinl cowbell

Last edited:
Welcome to our happy family. You have my exact set of drums. Gotta love the Gretsch. Very nice.

Love them!! If I could get a new kit right now, they'd probably be Gretsch Renowns. I'm in love w/ the 4-pc in Silver Slate Sparkle, although your finish is amazing looking also. I love all of the finishes on those drums.

What kinda sound can you get out of them? Are they pretty versatile?

Love them!! If I could get a new kit right now, they'd probably be Gretsch Renowns. I'm in love w/ the 4-pc in Silver Slate Sparkle, although your finish is amazing looking also. I love all of the finishes on those drums.

What kinda sound can you get out of them? Are they pretty versatile?

Hey, thanx for the kind words. I think it depends a lot on what heads you have on and the tuning of course. I have empereor coated wich I think is ideal for rock, but if you use, say, ambassador coated and tune them high they will probably be great for jazz too. So yes, they're very versatile. Although I would've picked different sizes for jazz.

Dang, renowns are popping up all over the place on drummerworld now. My setup isn't too terribly far off from yours. Nice stuff. We should start a club or something...

That is one hot kit, I was trying one of these out at GC the other day, they sound amazing. What do you think of that DW snare?

Hey Mette, nice kit gotta love that gretsch finish, cherry burst - just beautiful. I like your posters too. Pulp Fiction - classic movie, Debra Harry - legendary rock chick, Pink Floyd - The Masters.

Thank you! :) I also have a beautiful poster of Jimi Hendrix on the wall, too bad it's not in the picture :). I just sold my Mapex Orion and now I'm looking to buy a Yamaha maple custom, but I will keep this kit. Can't really sell it :)

Hey Mette, nice kit gotta love that gretsch finish, cherry burst - just beautiful. I like your posters too. Pulp Fiction - classic movie, Debra Harry - legendary rock chick, Pink Floyd - The Masters.

:O Nice Set!!

Love the finish, that cherry burst just looks awesome..

is that a snare at the back on the photo?...that ringo starr like drum :p???

Thank! Yes, it's an old Wesper-snare.. you can totally have it if you want.

Whoa. You're giving it away??? You know you can get some money for it right?

90% a Gretsch Renown will be my next kit.

These pictures only serve to cement that in my mind. I love the finish, and on all acounts they are great sounding kits.

welcome to the forum, and very nice kit, that red finish looks great, i think your gonna find a lot of Gretcsh fan's here at DW, guys are very passionate about these drums!

Back