Meshuggah - "Shed" Drum Cover (plus an original song)

Well, very repetitive but you ought to be commended on that. Nailed it.

Haake probably never even played it himself, they were programmed drums and they never do that album live, save for in death is life/death.

Well, very repetitive but you ought to be commended on that. Nailed it.

Haake probably never even played it himself, they were programmed drums and they never do that album live, save for in death is life/death.

Thank you! Glad you checked it out. :) Yes, C33's drums were programmed. But, the band has in fact played Shed live numerous times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccMFsEaU0s

And thanks, porter! I appreciate the feedback.

Really impressive. I'm a big Meshuggah fan, and seeing how repetitive that part is, yet with subtle changes...wow..that had to be hard to memorize. But I really enjoyed it and watching you play it actually gave me a renewed impression of Haake's playing in that song.

Oh, and that song is awesome. Good choice.

Really impressive. I'm a big Meshuggah fan, and seeing how repetitive that part is, yet with subtle changes...wow..that had to be hard to memorize. But I really enjoyed it and watching you play it actually gave me a renewed impression of Haake's playing in that song.

Oh, and that song is awesome. Good choice.

Thank you! Yeah the song retains the same feel, more or less, with the continuous tom patterns but as you noticed there are variances throughout the piece. And yes, Tomas is really a genius drummer. I'd actually consider him to be the most creative drummer in extreme metal. Thanks for watching man :)

Hey everyone. Since posting this cover/interpretation of Meshuggah's "Shed" last year, I've had a few inquiries here and there in regards to what I'm playing. I figured that it'd be worth transcribing the drum parts, so I did just that (informally). I broke the track up into sections in my various transcription documents.

For those of you who are accustomed to reading proper notation, I hired Travis Orbin to formally transcribe everything for me. Few drummers have inspired me the way Travis has. I'd advise you to check out some of his material on YouTube if you're not familiar with who he is.

I hope those of you who are interested in this music find these documents to be helpful! Thank you.

The links to the transcriptions can be found in the YouTube video description (video link is embedded in the first post of this thread).

Back