Ludwig Blue Oyster Pearl

T

Tommycanuhearme

Here's a few crummy photo's of a 1960's Ludwig kit in blue oyster pearl I just aquired....
dcam0043y.jpg

dcam0041.jpg

Great aqcuisition too!!

I like 'em a lot mate. I was fortunate enough to gig with my father's vintage Luddy's (very similar to that little gem of yours...only with the rail mount). Still waiting to inherit them though!!

Enjoy mate......great kits, great sound.

That's sexy!! total KILP. what cymbals are you playing?

That's sexy!! total KILP. what cymbals are you playing?

Well, let's see, a 20" Dream Bliss crash/ride, a 22" Dream Bliss crash/ride, an 18" Sabian medium crash and 14" Dream Bliss hi-hats.

I have 3 Gilbralter flat based cymbal stands, a Gilbralter a hi- hat stand and a Gilbralter double pedal.

Coated ambassadors on batter side of all drums, clear ambassador on bottom of toms and a fiberskyn on front of kick.

I'm also using a big keystone badge 61/2x14 Ludwig classic maple snare.

Not to be a nit picker but I used to own a blue oyster pearl set and it didn't look like that. Your set looks like black oyster pearl to me.

Not to be a nit picker but I used to own a blue oyster pearl set and it didn't look like that. Your set looks like black oyster pearl to me.

Ludwig dramatically changed Blue Oyster from the early 60's to 70's.

That looks like an early 60's version that is very faded from time.

This is a Ludwig blue oyster pearl kit from the sixties that has faded a bit. The drums have the small keystone badge and the folding kick legs.
I wish it was a Ludwig black oyster pearl kit from the sixties, that's the Holy Grail of drums for Ludwig fanatics.

Back