New Arcs Drumkit!

the drums on your site look beautiful!.. mmh. :)
any soundbites of any of the drums you have built? (without excessive studio edits if possible).
how much are you charging per drum/depth?

Awsome looking kit! I like darker way more then blondes, so you got me with the wood ;-). I love the lugs on the kit. Bit steampunk.

Other than the Pearl mounts, they are really lovely looking drums, especially the contrast between the dark shells and light lugs!
What are the lugs made from? They almost look like wood?

I must say after hearing them that these are one of the best sounding drums i've ever heard, and the finish isn't any worse!
Nice Job!

"Kveðja" - Halldór

not sure if you are following this thread arcs but i am seriously considering ordering a kit from you (3 piece, high tom, floor tom, kick), depends if you can possibly ship to the UK. will e-mail you soon.

Thank you all! The lugs are made from a material called "Messing" and then the lugs are put in a acid bath to get this finish.

Here is a video with a band called Dikta, nowdays it is the most played band in Iceland. This is a clip from the Icelandic music awards where this Arcs drumkit was used. All the floor toms on the stage are not from Arcs :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHEUrHxl7I8

Gorgeous looking set. Here is a bit from Dictionary.com on Palisander

Brazilian rosewood 
–noun
a Brazilian tree, Dalbergia nigra, of the legume family.
the hard, red, black-streaked wood of this tree, used for making furniture.

Back