East Coast get together, 8/9/14 planning stages

This is not an illegal bump, I repeat, this is NOT an illegal bump...

Sounds like a lot of fun Larry. It would be a 3 day drive for me because I don't like flying if I can help it. If I had the time and money, I would take that drive. :)

Wonder of your local radio station might want to cover this, Larry?

I won't be there....

I have to work.
and I live really far away.
and it'll be really expensive.

I'll just send a selfie of me with a drumstick

Wonder of your local radio station might want to cover this, Larry?

Yea, no. This is a private affair. There are things that go on at private affairs that are not conducive to radio publicity. I'd be happy if I could just get enough people to show up. So far I have 3.

It's dead. I got a total of 3 definite responses. No hard feelings, it's just geographically unfeasible.

Larry,

Sorry to read this did not work out, despite a lot of work by you, arranging events like this, with so many moving parts (folks travelling from other locales) over the summer holiday period is always tough to pull off, however, and this is a big HOWEVER kudos to you sir for thinking of such an event, being prepared to put a lot of work and $$$ into making it a good day, and being prepared to throw open you doors to a bunch of nuts who spend their leisure time hitting things!

You are a good good man.

What HMNY said. Thanks Larry for thinking of this! Such a cool idea. Sorry it can't happen this year. Maybe next year?

Thanks for the kind words HMNY and WFID.... If it didn't happen this year, I doubt anyone will commit for next year. It is a drive, what was I thinking?

Sorry to hear that Larry.

I'm wondering if us Phoenix drummers could get a thing together. We could all meet as someone's house for a BBQ, bring our kits and have a jam.

Bummer Larry! I was working on Mo and hadn't heard back from her on it yet. I guess I can stop badgering her now ;)

Maybe what we should do is plan a big get-together around a big drum show or something that everyone can make it out to. I know the Hollywood drum show is coming up. and I'm sure there are a few others.

I hear ya Bo. Working on Mo. Sounds like fun.The interest was there for sure, but the geography is the big hassle. At least I wasn't stuck with an event that no one showed up for. No harm done, it didn't cost me anything.

There's a trip to the coast for me sometime in the not too distant future. I have yet to see west of the Mississippi.

I hear ya Bo. Working on Mo. Sounds like fun.The interest was there for sure, but the geography is the big hassle. At least I wasn't stuck with an event that no one showed up for. No harm done, it didn't cost me anything.

There's a trip to the coast for me sometime in the not too distant future. I have yet to see west of the Mississippi.

If I can get you into NAMM, you interested?

Let me see what I can do. Would you be bringing a guest as well?

What's NAMM timeframe? I have a ton of vacation time.

Back