Chris Slade drumming for AC/DC again?

Not exactly sure who I'm quoting here but I agree with whoever it was that thought it was dragging...it kept getting slower! Agonizing!...

That was my statement in the other Grammy thread.

AC/DC played Highway to Hell like the Energizer Bunny was running out of juice in his power pack. It DRAGGED!

What I wanna' know is; were there real speakers driven by real amplifiers in those stacks of guitar speaker/amps???

I clocked it. It sits at about 106 on my app. (Mobile Metronome)

It's at about 106 near the end too. However, he does lag it by up to a full quarter note in a few different places. But he really doesn't stray far from 106. His lags are momentary and he doesn't stay at the lagged tempo, it's just a lag in a transition or sometimes a lag right in the middle of a solo where the metronome downbeat became the backbeat, which is not as forgivable as at a transition. But in the grand scheme, he drifted by maybe 1 or 2 BPM momentarily in 3 maybe 4 spots. In 2 minutes and 18 seconds. (the rest of the 3:07 is the ending)

As far as the overall tempo, it seemed to me like a deliberate band decision to play the whole thing at a slower pace on purpose for whatever reason. But to lag in at least 3 places... at a slower tempo to begin with.... on a night like that..... in 2:18?....If that were me I know I would have been disappointed with my time. I don't hold it against him, it's a pressure situation. He'll be a fine replacement once the volatility of the whole situation blows over.

I can just picture Phil with a contemptuous smirk on his face watching the whole thing with the lags. You know he watched it, and you know he judged it. He's probably feeling a little smug about the whole thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about Phil, if he deserved all this. I don't know enough. His mates certainly didn't stick by him, so maybe this was their excuse to give him the ol' heave ho.

History may repeat....if Ruddy
cleans up and come back, Slade may spare the throne for him...again...just my thought...Slade may be on contract now

I can just picture Phil with a contemptuous smirk on his face watching the whole thing with the lags.

I can picture him with a crack pipe and half a dozen hookers. :)

His mates certainly didn't stick by him, so maybe this was their excuse to give him the ol' heave ho.

Dunno mate. I reckon they've got a pretty strong case to suggest it was he who didn't look after them or the brand. He's only got one job to do and according to them he certainly ain't up to doing it.

Slade may be on contract now

Surely he was on contract last time?

I'm not sure how I feel about Phil, if he deserved all this. I don't know enough. His mates certainly didn't stick by him, so maybe this was their excuse to give him the ol' heave ho.

From what I've read, the band gave him a chance to get it together. He didn't show up to certain functions, video shoot, the studio ..or was very late...and so on. You gotta do your job, drugs or not.

History may repeat....if Ruddy
cleans up and come back, Slade may spare the throne for him...again...just my thought...Slade may be on contract now

Given how Slade left the band last time I'm willing to bet that the above scenario won't be happening. Chris Slade was very hurt by it last time and will have wanted some kind of assurance that it won't happen again before he agreed to play.

His mates certainly didn't stick by him, so maybe this was their excuse to give him the ol' heave ho.

His 'mates' did stick by him until he became so unreliable that it became impossible. AC/DC is a big business brand, not a group of five mates playing music.

Above all Phil can't play for the band anywhere that isn't in New Zealand because of his bail restrictions, which just doesn't work for a band planning what will in truth probably be their last tour now Malcolm has left.

My wife called me into the living room and said "Look! AC/DC is on the Grammys!" and first thing I noticed was Chris. Awesome to see him on the kit. Loved to watch the old concerts and the Thunderstruck video with him slamming those big toms he had mounted on either side.

I can just picture Phil with a contemptuous smirk on his face watching the whole thing with the lags. You know he watched it, and you know he judged it. He's probably feeling a little smug about the whole thing.

He watched from his house, I think I'd rather be on stage and on tour. They'll get it together for the tour and sound just right, tempo and all.

I couldn't disagree more. When you aren't pulling your weight and getting into more and more trouble, it's time to take care of yourself for one and move on as band secondly. They made 475mil on the Black Ice Tour. You don't screw up an upcoming tour and continued success...especially when you're drummer is replaceable.

Yes, Chris Slade has currently re-joined with AC/DC. Angus Young should have never had Axl Rose from Guns n Roses join the AC/DC band to sing for AC/DC cause Axl Rose can’t sing the and he can’t hit the exact notes for any of the AC/DC songs. Angus Young and the rest of the AC/DC Band needs to get rid of Axl Rose right now and they need to get Phil Rudd back into AC/DC to play the drums with them permanently. I know I’m only 29 almost 30 years old, but I am an extremely huge AC/DC fan. I have never seen AC/DC live, but I really want to see them live with Phil Rudd on drums and Brian Johnson on vocals, before AC/DC quits for good

Yes, Chris Slade has currently re-joined with AC/DC. Angus Young should have never had Axl Rose from Guns n Roses join the AC/DC band to sing for AC/DC cause Axl Rose can’t sing the and he can’t hit the exact notes for any of the AC/DC songs. Angus Young and the rest of the AC/DC Band needs to get rid of Axl Rose right now and they need to get Phil Rudd back into AC/DC to play the drums with them permanently. I know I’m only 29 almost 30 years old, but I am an extremely huge AC/DC fan. I have never seen AC/DC live, but I really want to see them live with Phil Rudd on drums and Brian Johnson on vocals, before AC/DC quits for good
Actually, AC/DC has recorded/writing or rehearsing in Vancouver with both Rudd and Johnson in 2018. Nobody is sure what the result of those gatherings will bring. Slade has been busy doing his "tribute" band stuff. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-cliff-williams-vancouver/

Some of these bands need to do what Foreigner did, and get some young dude that can sound just like Johnson and/or Scott. Yes, AXL--HANG IT UP MAN! You've not sounded good for over a decade.

Otherwise, they just need to hang it up.

Back