please don't laugh: my humble drumkit

michellecastro

This is my drum kit (given by my cousin). Very simple, cheesy and painfully beaten...
But well, it's mine for free, it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Oh and In this pic, there is another cymbal (now I have a 18'' crash/ride, here in this pic, there is some 16 crash, not mine)
2my1455.jpg

With this, I can play along with some country, cowpunk, rock n roll and old blues records.
It's simple, but quite funny indeed. Anyone here plays with this kind of kit?

I wouldn't laugh at that. It's all about having something to play so you can learn and play more. Don't get caught up in having to have nice stuff. Having nice stuff just takes money, that doesn't mean you know how to really play. Be proud, and groove like its nobody's business ;)

I wish my first kit was that cool. You were blessed with FULL free kit! That is something to be happy about. I have on many occasions played a small kit just to work on hats,snare and kick. Welcome the the forum and have fun with your new kit.

That's at least a kit having everything you need to get along basically.
My "kit" has half of it, haha.

I would never laugh at another drummer’s kit. Learn with it and play it to the best of your ability until it's time for a "better" kit. Enjoy your drums my brother or should I say, my sister!

Last edited:
The worse your first kit is, the better drummer you become. (JMO) I would rather see a person start out with a lesser kit and have a burning desire to play drums than to start out with a brand new expensive kit that Daddy bought and not have any ambition on it.

Find a black, or red even, 12" tom. New heads, pick up a 16" crash and you're good to go. I'd take that kit.

Find a black, or red even, 12" tom. New heads, pick up a 16" crash and you're good to go. I'd take that kit.

the only crash I can eventualy get is a 14'... of course, the cymbal belongs to my cousin, but he doesn't know where it is (damn!).
But actually, I'm quite happy with this kit right now. Playing with a bassist and 2 guitarrists, my drumming is growing up. I practice hard, about 1 up to 3 hours per day, and this drumkit fits perfectly on my style.. until. Now. maybe someday!

the only crash I can eventualy get is a 14'... of course, the cymbal belongs to my cousin, but he doesn't know where it is (damn!).
But actually, I'm quite happy with this kit right now. Playing with a bassist and 2 guitarrists, my drumming is growing up. I practice hard, about 1 up to 3 hours per day, and this drumkit fits perfectly on my style.. until. Now. maybe someday!

That's awesome, Michelle but tell your cousin to *find the cymbal*. : )

Great kit! It has passion written all over it. There are members here who started with so much less, & have gone on to achieve greatness in their playing. Congratulations! sounds like you're dedicated to practicing too. Kudos to you :)

Back