Do you ever feel more creative.....

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Behind one kit vs another.

I have in my drum studio a Yamaha kit that I've been playing for 27 some odd years, a DW Performance Series I got 2 years ago from my wife for our anniversary and my church has a yamaha stage custom I play every week.

For whatever reason when I'm playing my DW kit I feel like I'm more creative trying fills and such than when I'm on the other kits. I don't know if it's the tone of the drums or what. All three kits are setup as 5 piece kits. It's just odd and I can't put my finger on why.

Guess in the end it doesn't really matter but I find it odd that I've noticed this.

I feel better on a smaller kit. 2 toms max. More is just confusing at this point but about 105 of the time I want a third for that last hit or 2.

I also like a big kick. Just the way it feels makes me comfortable. Think it just anchors any groove better than a smaller kick- maybe the feel of the sound. Dont know.

I feel better on a smaller kit. 2 toms max. More is just confusing at this point but about 105 of the time I want a third for that last hit or 2.

I also like a big kick. Just the way it feels makes me comfortable. Think it just anchors any groove better than a smaller kick- maybe the feel of the sound. Dont know.

I like small drums and lots of assorted percussion. 20" bass, 8 - 10 inch rack and a 14" floor. Throw in a bunch of rototoms, octabons, assorted hand drums, assorted cymbals and a nice action bass pedal and I'm ready to go.

The level of my creativity comes from who I am playing with...

Peace, MT

Back