8x14" Maple Snare?

Wow, that kits looks awesome. Congratulations, man!

I've got two 14x8 snares: a Gretsch vintage Jasper and an 80's Superstar. I use Aquarian Texture Coated batters on both, and love the sound. You might try it, if it's not too light for you... considering you're running the Emperor X, that is.

That was FAST delivery!!

Great kit! Cool snare too, and Purple!

I really like my 8x14. I don't use it much aside from at home. I use the Black Beauties live.

Have fun mixing and matching sizes now!!

Nice kit! I think it looks awesome! If you're seeking more bottom end on that kick then put a solid front head back on it. It will be an immense difference and the sound men of the world CAN deal with it. :)

thanks all! Got a super kick 10 for the kick, makes a world of difference! May try a coated powerstroke 3 after I wear it out, but the new super kick has a lot of low end to it.

I also took that stupid Remo "Mufflr" off the front head, it was totally choking the sound. I do not recommend that thing to anyone, the foam ring sits on a plastic tray that goes between the head and the shell so it seems to totally take the drum's bearing edge out of the equation. The front head has the "power collar" extra ply ring around the rim so it's already pretty focused. Nothing inside the drum for muffling and this bad boy is thumping!

Still feels weird to play a kick so small, I'm used to a 26" mostly and biggest besides that has been 22x18". This will be a great all around kit, it's not as aggressive as my other Tribes maple kit (22x18, 12x9, 16x16 with Remo Pinstripes on it) and will sound better at low volume gigs, but still hold it's own in a loud setting.

Loving this snare more and more, it just wants to be hit HARD, such a full bodied crack, really glad I went with the 8" depth. They accidentally sent triple flanged hoops but I think I actually prefer them on this drum, they are sending the die cast hoops out and I'll probably try them on the black beauty or supraphonic, the snare is sounding so good I don't want to mess with it.

Really looking forward to gigging out with these. Thanks again to everyone that helped me make the decisions, really happy with out it turned out!

I don't have a 14x8 snare anymore. I couldn't justify keeping it around since I have a 14x10 snare with wood hoops. It's like my old 14x8 snare but with more body and more woody goodness.

Wow Caddy, I'd love to see some pics of that snare.

A little late to the party but I also have a 14x10 snare. It's a Crazy 8's custom job that started its life as a Ludwig marching snare. I do like a nice big snare sound so this baby covers all of the gigs I'm playing these days. I do like it a little better with die cast hoops because it cuts down a little of the ring and I can use a single ply coated head.

OP, beautiful looking kit. I do love a sparkly wrap...

Wonderful looking sparkle kit, mate.

I've always toyed with the idea of a deeper snare, this is intruiging.

Back