My first stadium/arena gig tomorrow!

Man, that's awesome! Love Rock-n-Roll! Congrats on such a killer gig!

Always enjoyed your gung ho drumming temperament and attitude (must the the alpha male thing lol). It was perfect for the occasion. Some sloppy moments but if you have enough attitude it doesn't much matter, just ask Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend. In a new situation like this bands need a drummer with no fear and you provide that.

BTW, those cymbals look very small. Any story behind that?

SO awesome- hope you realize that you are living the dream for many of us.

You look like you are having a great f*#cking time at 10:10. Also looked like you could have conserved some energy when hitting the hats but I think any of us would be amped to be in front of that many people.

So good. More please.

Thanks for the pic's Xero and congrats! That looks like a cool set up. I hope it was as great as you had hoped!

Sweet!

Looks great, man.

(I hope you were reasonably paid.)

It was a charity gig for a local children's cancer center, so I was happy to be involved.

Man, that's awesome! Love Rock-n-Roll! Congrats on such a killer gig!

Thank you my friend. Listening to Led Zep records taught me how to play. I would have never imagined I'd be playing Rock & Roll in an arena!

Always enjoyed your gung ho drumming temperament and attitude (must the the alpha male thing lol). It was perfect for the occasion. Some sloppy moments but if you have enough attitude it doesn't much matter, just ask Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend. In a new situation like this bands need a drummer with no fear and you provide that.

BTW, those cymbals look very small. Any story behind that?

Yeah, I messed up a couple of times. I believe all of them were due to me missing a drum/cymbal or something like that (they weren't my drums, so the configuration was a little foreign). I didn't care anyway, we pulled it offf. A few drummers in the audience said they didn't notice anything, so it must have come off well to the audience.

My cymbals were:
14" Paiste 2002 SoundEdge hats
16" Paiste 2002 Crash
18" Paiste 2002 Crash
15" Paiste 2002 Wild China
22" Paiste Signature "Powerslave" Bell Ride

The china was probably a little small, but I liked the fast decay. In retrospect, I probably should have brought my 18".

They probably look small because I'm not a tiny guy ;)

Congrats Xero Talent!

Can't wait to see the video!

Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnQDSUBNl4

0:00 - Pre-show interview
0:50 - "Rock and Roll" Led Zeppelin
5:35 - "Are You Gonna Go My Way" Lenny Kravitz
9:25 - "Pretty Vegas" INXS

Xero... "Rock and Roll" ... perfect, no further comments :)

Cheers my friend!

SO awesome- hope you realize that you are living the dream for many of us.

You look like you are having a great f*#cking time at 10:10. Also looked like you could have conserved some energy when hitting the hats but I think any of us would be amped to be in front of that many people.

So good. More please.

I definitely lived the dream, and fully appreciated every moment. The sound in that room... hearing the snare echo in that stadium during my little end solo in Rock & Roll... just gave me goosebumps.

Thanks for the pic's Xero and congrats! That looks like a cool set up. I hope it was as great as you had hoped!

Better than I could have imagined. The only way it could have been better is if we played a full set, but 3 songs is better than 0 songs!

Last edited:
that hi-hat was screaming during Rock and Roll - almost like it was just one cymbal!

Looks like a lot of fun! You have a lot of energy while playing, very refreshing! That rawness feel bands had before the over-produced engineers take over.

BTW, I just bought a Gopro camera and hope to use it soon. Any tips?

Looks like a lot of fun! You have a lot of energy while playing, very refreshing! That rawness feel bands had before the over-produced engineers take over.

BTW, I just bought a Gopro camera and hope to use it soon. Any tips?

You got the Hero2HD? It's a great camera, but the internal mic just sucks. It has an aux audio in, which you have to use for audio even remotely usable. Or overlay an external audio track, like I did in the video above. As you probably noticed, as the video progresses, the audio gradually comes out of sync of the video though because of the slightly different recording rates. That's the only issue, but usually happens with longer videos (10+mins).

Looks, sounds pretty good for a guy with Xero Ta1ent. Congrats

Thank you sir!

Back