My O.C.D.P. Kit

Very nice! I love the set-up and love the rack. Do they still make those racks?

Heh, your kit looks like its about to take off or something. Interesting rack. I've read about those a bit, some people say its more ergonomic or something because of the way it forces you to lean back as you play. Cool

Thanks for all the killer feedback. I appreciate all the cool comments.
Let try to answer all your questions.

First of all, the foam inside the bass drums is there to kill the over tones when micing them. The foam touches both front and rear heads. Without the foam it rings way too much. It sounds like concentrated thunder now. As for micing I use 2) AKG D-112s, I also use DDrum acoustic triggers with 2400 watts of power and 2) 18" subs. Trust me they will get your attention!

The bass drum angle. The bass drums project much further due to the fact that the sound goes up and is not being absorbed in to the floor. (Besides I think it looks cool.)

The rack is my favorite part. Special thanks to the Drum Frame Co. in PA. It's like a barcalounger i.e.(lazyboy recliner). Set your kit up on a large piece of plywood then stick a couple of 18 packs (Coor's Light) under the front edge so that the plywood is angled, 18" high in the front and ground level in the back. That's the way my kit sits. That is why the throne has such a high back on it. Great center of balance and comfort for playing for long periods.

As far as my endorsements, I'm not at liberty to speak about them.

Custom Z's. I use these because they don't break in 3 to 6 months like the rest do. I tend to hit pretty hard.

The clamp on smoking accessory attached to the hi hat is mainly used for mostly medicinal purposes. The ashtray used to sit on some cool old guys wheel chair. He willed it to me when he died It has sentimental value. (He didn't die of lung cancer, just another victim of Agent Orange from Viet Nam.) But yes I enjoy polluting myself. (If you think you can go out on the road and not pick up a few bad habits, think again. I quit all the other ones though.) It also makes for a good beer holder.

I have no videos here at home but I will make one as soon as I can.

Thanks

Damian

How are you not at liberty to talk about your endorsements? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? :)

Nice kit...

What about those "big holes" on the snare ?!
How it affects the snaredrum sound ?

Cheers !
LG

Nice kit...

Cheers !
LG

they're air vents. All drums have them. However many snare drums have bigger ones to allow the air to escape which creates more volume. In fact one person made a shell-less snare once which was allegedly hugely loud!

18 months eh? Looks as if i'll have to get an electronic kit! About the warranty, surley that only applies one time?

Heh, your kit looks like its about to take off or something. Interesting rack. I've read about those a bit, some people say its more ergonomic or something because of the way it forces you to lean back as you play. Cool

It creates a better center of balance which makes it easier and more comfortable to play. Less effort means you can play longer, hit harder and not physically wear yourself out.

they're air vents. All drums have them. However many snare drums have bigger ones to allow the air to escape which creates more volume. In fact one person made a shell-less snare once which was allegedly hugely loud!

18 months eh? Looks as if i'll have to get an electronic kit! About the warranty, surely that only applies one time?

The Guitar Center performance warranty is good for the one cymbal you buy, but once they replace it you can spend another $20.00 and get a new 2 year warranty. I would pay $20.00 a year to keep them under warranty, especially when it's only a matter of time before they eventually break. Wouldn't you?

Nice kit...

Cheers !
LG

Eddiehimself answered this one for me. The vent holes increase the volume level. My snare is in fact louder than my AK47. A decibel meter doesn't lie.

Eddiehimself answered this one for me. The vent holes increase the volume level. My snare is in fact louder than my AK47. A decibel meter doesn't lie.

Mmmmm.... AK47. Been liberating (and oppressing) the world since 1947.

Well, I have a couple of silent endorsements. By that I mean I know people in the business and they get me what I need for free, (kind of a back door deal.) That's all I can say.

So those really aren't endorsements, those are favors.

So those really aren't endorsements, those are favors.

You can look at it any way you want. I believe private sponsors are in fact a better endorsement, they don't dictate what you can and can not do or say. Just because someone has their face plastered on a brochure doesn't mean they get a 100% endorsement, it just means another slave to corporate America. My sponsors pay for my gear, clothes, travel, plus all expenses. What does your endorsement do for you?

Awesome and powerful set up. I like the finish but I'm not crazy about the sizes. Since I'm not used to the way its set up, it looks really funny. Any time you do a drum solo, fireworks go off and the rack flies around the room.

I like that blue bottle of drumming elixir and the baggie of inspiration!

Guitar Center is more generous with their warranty. I haven't broke any cymbals in 4 years but the last time I did Zildjian only gave a 1 year warranty. I still broke that junk before then and they gave me a replacement cymbal. The only difference is the new cymbal was under the original warranty, with less than a month to spare. The stores up here in Canada did that deliberately so they wouldn't have to let cymbals go out the door for $20. Which in all fairness they get K customs and HH crashes in for $30 each.

Awesome and powerful set up. I like the finish but I'm not crazy about the sizes. Since I'm not used to the way its set up, it looks really funny. Any time you do a drum solo, fireworks go off and the rack flies around the room.

I like that blue bottle of drumming elixir and the baggie of inspiration!

Guitar Center is more generous with their warranty. I haven't broke any cymbals in 4 years but the last time I did Zildjian only gave a 1 year warranty. I still broke that junk before then and they gave me a replacement cymbal. The only difference is the new cymbal was under the original warranty, with less than a month to spare. The stores up here in Canada did that deliberately so they wouldn't have to let cymbals go out the door for $20. Which in all fairness they get K customs and HH crashes in for $30 each.

Haha yeah i know what you mean Z customs do suck.

First thing any good sound engineer would do live is rip that foam right out of those kick drums and let those baby's ring true,, Way way to much foam in there to begin with...... It's alway's a little frustrating to see drum head's with tape on them, or foam and or pillow's stuffed in kick drum's..... Take the time to tune them properly and they will shine and ring true.....Then again, just my shitty opinion like everyone else's on here..... Do what ya want bro..... But ya gotta get rid of that fuckin foam already..... lol !!!!!

Back