Fall pic of my Yellow Ocher Saturn

I love love love that finish. Making me reconsider my next kit purchase, dag nabbit!

Thanks guys! It's funny, when they first introduced the two limited edition kits, I had no use for this one. The pics on the Mapex site made the red look brown to me. I did order a sienna fade kit almost immediately. The day came when my kit was in, and I went to pick it up. Not only was it the wrong colour, but the drum guy just finished taking it out of the boxes, and stacking it on the shelve, thinking it was just new stock. I immediately called the distributor from the store, asking him what the heck was going on. He apologized up and down, and told me I could have this Yellow Ocher one for $1000. Still upset, I went home to dwell on it. I called the store back, and they told me some guy saw it and was coming back to maybe buy it. I quickly rushed back and grabbed it. The price was just too good. After all that, I think it is one of my favourite finishes I have seen to date.

The only distracting things are the glaring badges. The finish is fine.

Dennis

The only distracting things are the glaring badges. The finish is fine.

Dennis
When I first got my Saturns I was not a fan of the badges,
After I played them for a short while I never gave the badges a second thought.
I am proud to display them.
They grow on you :)

You're welcome moretulife. Your drums are definitely "Classy"

When I first got my Saturns I was not a fan of the badges,
After I played them for a short while I never gave the badges a second thought.
I am proud to display them.
They grow on you :)

You're welcome moretulife. Your drums are definitely "Classy"

I know what you're talking about getting use to something. The only thing is, the badges are not facing you when you're behind the kit, lol.

Dennis

I know what you're talking about getting use to something. The only thing is, the badges are not facing you when you're behind the kit, lol.

Dennis
Actually the high toms have two badges one of them faces you as you play. :)

Nice kit indeed.
Some setup things I'd do differently but that's purely preference.
I like taking outdoor pics of drums/cymbals, too. Never did outdoor pics of a full kit though.

Back