my 1966 Gretsch round badge

here are a few of the guys that made it fashionable to flip your rack tom and play with the muffler knobs on the outside

Tony
tonywilliams1965gretsch.jpg

Elvin
elvinjonesgretschp.jpg

Max
maxroachgretsch.jpg

How cool is Max in that shot? He's not even playing and he looks like he knows it ;)

@ KIS - thanks for that link brother.....droooooool

@ Bo - Max was one smooth customer.
I remember at Elvins funeral Max was wheeled in sitting in a wheelchair and I had no idea who he was .....he looked nothing like the pictures I had seen.
it was awesome to see him in person ....but it added to my sadness of losing Elvin when I saw Max like that.
I wanted to approach Max and give my condolences but he looked so amazingly sad over losing such a good friend that I decided to leave it be.
I made the right decision

Last edited:
Congratulations Anthony! That's a wonderful, wonderful opportunity to have happened.

Enjoy them as much as I know you'll take care of and respect them.

I need to go mop up my drool now...

d
I was just in my drum room wiping them down with a microfiber cloth wondering if I was insane or not ......I turned around and my dog (the guy in my avi) was staring at me like what the F are you doing?

:)

these things have brought out a caring side of me that my wife can barely bring out

Ah yes, the ol' Gretsch Round Badge voodoo. I'm totally under it's spell. My RB's are the one kit that will never leave the house. All the others, fair game. And I know that we're all different (in our personal objects of lust/desire), but for me, the RB's have a "je ne sais quoi" unmatched by any of my other kits.​

Ah yes, the ol' Gretsch Round Badge voodoo. I'm totally under it's spell. My RB's are the one kit that will never leave the house. All the others, fair game. And I know that we're all different (in our personal objects of lust/desire), but for me, the RB's have a "je ne sais quoi" unmatched by any of my other kits.​

could not agree more

I have had two 60s Ludwig kits (I'll throw some pics up later ) that were in pristine condition as well......got both of them from Stan and Jerry over at Pro Drum.......sold them both back to them as well when I left LA..... and neither of them sounded nearly as good as this RB

this thing will definitely never leave my house

d
I was just in my drum room wiping them down with a microfiber cloth wondering if I was insane or not ......I turned around and my dog (the guy in my avi) was staring at me like what the F are you doing?

That's a stitch................

Are you going to put calf skin heads on them (e.g. Earthtone)?

Nice kit, very nice kit.

GJS

thanks you brother

nah...not to big on those
they respond way to much to the weather

sticking with good old Remo Ambassadors

Back