New Addition, Byzance Raw Bell Ride

areFish

Silver Member
My 20" Meinl Byzance Raw Bell Ride delivered today.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

Gorgeous cymbal. The byzance series cymbals are works of art.
How are you liking it? I have tried a couple regular dark rides and loved them, but never the raw bell.

Gorgeous cymbal. The byzance series cymbals are works of art.
How are you liking it? I have tried a couple regular dark rides and loved them, but never the raw bell.
Thanks DD. They really are pretty cymbals. I've only had about 15 minutes with it so far. I like it. It's very different that what I'm used to hearing.

Just added some Byzance Dark 13" hats. Now I've got a real Byzance Dark starter kit going.

IMG_2386.jpg

Nice dude! That was almost my exact setup, except I had 13" Brilliant hats. I just sold my Dark 18" crash for a Traditional 24" ride. I'm not a super big fan of my raw bell ride, hitting it on the bow almost drowns out the stick hits in wash, and the bell is just like a loud non musical tone. I found the only place I really love the sound, is when I hit just where the bell meets the bow with the tip of my stick. I got a really good deal on it, so I'm not heartbroken about not loving it, but I'd probably trade it off for another high end ride. I hope you like it though.

Nice dude! That was almost my exact setup, except I had 13" Brilliant hats. I just sold my Dark 18" crash for a Traditional 24" ride. I'm not a super big fan of my raw bell ride, hitting it on the bow almost drowns out the stick hits in wash, and the bell is just like a loud non musical tone. I found the only place I really love the sound, is when I hit just where the bell meets the bow with the tip of my stick. I got a really good deal on it, so I'm not heartbroken about not loving it, but I'd probably trade it off for another high end ride. I hope you like it though.
Hey thanks. These are not my end all, never need to look again cymbals but I do like them. I wanted something very far removed from my 2oo2s, which is why I picked them. Each Raw Bell Ride probably has a little different flavor. I have to order these so I never know exactly what sound I'm getting till they arrive.

Back