Kings Of Leon & Brady Drums step up for Bushfire Relief Auction

bradydrums

Brady Drum Company and Kings of Leon have joined together to auction a special drum for the Australian Bushfire Relief Appeal.

In February, Australia suffered its worst national disaster in over 100 years at the hands of the Victorian bushfires. The fires ripped through local communities in Victoria obliterating everything in its path. Unfortunately, 210 people have died, over 2,000 families lost their homes and over 1 million acres of land have been destroyed.

To assist with the relief efforts, Brady Drum Company has donated a new 2009 release snare drum handcrafted from Wandoo (Eucalyptus Wandoo) for auction. In addition to headlining "Sound Relief", a charity concert to raise funds for the relief effort, the members of Kings Of Leon have thrown their support behind the appeal and have lent their signatures to this drum. The band's drummer, Nathan Followill, has performed live since 2006 with a Brady snare drum.

100% of the proceeds will split equally between the Australian Red Cross, The Salvation Army and the RSPCA who provide financial, emotional and medical support to the families, pets and livestock devastated by this tragedy.

The auction will go live on eBay on May 1, 2009 and will close May 10, 2009. Brady Drum Company will include free shipping worldwide to the highest bidder.

Snare Drum Specifications:

* Handcrafted by Australian master craftsman, Chris Brady
* Wandoo (Eucalyptus Wandoo) timber, a native Western Australian hardwood
* 14 inch diameter x 8 inch depth
* 10 chromed tube lugs
* R-Class snare strainer
* German tempered snare wires
* Canopus Bolt Tight detensioning washers

Individuals are invited to make donations to The Salvation Army's Bushfire Relief Appeal, The Australian Red Cross' Bushfire Appeal, and the RSPCA.

d032fe4af3.jpg

Last edited:
I just told the guys in my band that my b-day present should be a Brady snare drum. I think that's fair.

Really good idea, nice to see that people are getting behind it as well.

Tom

Back