Are you the new Phil Collins/Chester Thomspon?

SantiBanks

Hi All,

This might be a bit awkward to ask here but probably worth a shot…

We can't dance - the Dutch tribute to the wonderful music of Genesis is looking for a new drummer. Our drummer sadly left the band today so we are looking for someone who wants to be the new Phil Collins (but you don't have to sing…)/Chester Thompson and takes over the drumchair.

What we are looking for is someone who:
  • Loves the music of Genesis and knows the majority of songs (as we play music from the Peter Gabriel AND Phil Collins era — we are the only tribute act in the world to play Watcher of the skies and I can't dance in 1 setlist…)
  • is able to play with clicktracks (as we have drummachines on certain songs and might do things with synced video in the future
  • knows how to control his instrument
  • knows how to listen
  • has a tight timing and nice groove
  • has transport and of course his own drumkit
  • is also social, friendly and easy going (we always go out to grab a bite after rehearsals)
  • wants to make fun!
  • is from the Netherlands (but if you are willing to travel for rehearsals from Germany, Belgium, England or Luxemburg then you are welcome of course…)

We rehearse in a nice and cheap rehearsal room in Gorinchem - the Netherlands (not very far from Utrecht). Rehearsals are on Sundays but Saturdays might be a possibility. Rehearsaltimes are from 12:00 till 18:00, once in every 2 weeks (so thats usually 1-2 times a month); we grab a bite at the local grill room after rehearsals (which is usually from 18:00–20:00).

As already said, we play more or less "everything" with a focus on the newer material (which is still challenging). For demo's check out our website: http://www.wecantdance.nl

Contact us by responding here, PM, twitter, facebook, or email (info at wecantdance dot nl)

Cheers!
Santi Jansen (keyboardist)

Cool, if this was in Nashville I'd be into it. I'm somewhat of a Genesis freak, I have everything they ever put out and a bunch of bootlegs. It's all pretty much memorized too since I discovered them in middle school.

Move the band to the UK and I'd be right there... along with one of Phil's kits.....

Hope you find your PC!

Thanks for all the wonderful responses so far! I received some very hearthwarming responses from all over the world. It's cool to see that Genesis is still very popular.

@billbachman: try genesis-movement.org; they have a torrent section on the site which is actually supported by Genesis Management (they are monitoring the place). There is lots of stuff you'll like there…

Back