What's your latest purchase?

Not sure how to post the image directly, but:

http://i.imgur.com/ispiRLy.jpg

I just picked up all this second hand. Superstars, cymbals, speed cobras, mapex throne, cases for everything and all the hardware all in one whack from one seller. At a great price, too! Can't wait to unleash it all at the next gig :D

Cheers guys! I've been playing the same Premier Cabrias and XS20s for over 9 years now. I certainly got my money's worth out them, but the toms aren't holding their tune very well anymore and half the hardware is now held together with gaff, so it's definitely time for an upgrade! I got the lot above for about 30 - 40% of the retail value; the die cast rims and the top tier cymbals are just blowing my mind!!

Purchases for this week -
Yamaha DTX Multi 12 (traded a Gretsch zigzag walnut/maple snare for this)
Paiste Dark Energy Mk1 Hihats
DW iPad holder (attaches to cymbal stand)
Gretsch 6.5 x 14 Cherry Stave shell snare.
Regal Tip FatCat brushes
Regal Tip wood handle Blasticks

I picked up a pair of Paiste Signature Dimensions Crunch hats at a price that removed any risk (I only heard them on videos first). Wow - absolutely thrilled with them. Only the 2nd Paiste cymbal I own, the other being a 22" Dark Energy MK2 Ride.
Like the Ride, these hi hats totally challenge my assumptions about Paiste havinga somehwat bright, brittle sound. Pleased!

Attachments

• Paiste Dimensions  Hi Hat 1.jpg
    Paiste Dimensions Hi Hat 1.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 658
  • Paiste Dimensions  Hi Hat 2.jpg
    Paiste Dimensions Hi Hat 2.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 655
I bought a Roland TD10 kit the other week. I'm going to try recording with them and see how it turns out. I've never had much luck micing my Tamas in a smaller room. :(

A set of Premier Cabrias in purple sparkle lacquer. The first drumkit I've ever bought new in ~30 years of drumming.

Pictured missing one of the rack toms because I like four-piece kits. :)

Now waiting for more Istanbul Agop plates...

Attachments

• Cabrias at Castaways.jpg
    Cabrias at Castaways.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 630
My latest purchase, if you could qualify it, was pre-ordering the new Jojo Mayer DVD set that's coming out on Thursday. Given I chose free shipping, I'll get in next week sometime.

Whoah guys, I have the purchase to end all purchases.

Are you ready?

Mapex Saturn. Bam.

No, seriously, I got a sweet deal on a 13" Mapex Saturn snare. Makes a nice side-snare, and is highly resonant.

Ordered a DW Performance Series Kit in Pewter Sparkle (8x10, 9x12, 14x16, 18x22, and 6.5x14)

Soooooo stoked!

perf-pewtersparkle_zps6248f6f3.jpg

Most recent purchase is a Tama SLP G-Bubinga snare. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, and have been very happy with it, so far.

- Jojo Mayer Perfect Balance pedal
- Bosphorus Antique series 18 inch thin crash

Love the crash, it has a shimmery quality and has worked well in a variety of settings.

Love the pedal, still messing around with the spring tension but it's pretty effortless to play with this thing.

- Jojo Mayer Perfect Balance pedal
- Bosphorus Antique series 18 inch thin crash

Love the crash, it has a shimmery quality and has worked well in a variety of settings.

Love the pedal, still messing around with the spring tension but it's pretty effortless to play with this thing.

I took my Sonor PB pedal out of the box and it was perfect ! I haven't made any adjustments to the spring tension.

I bought a Roland TD10 kit the other week. I'm going to try recording with them and see how it turns out. I've never had much luck micing my Tamas in a smaller room. :(

Go to the expressions.com website and purchase the additional kits. Much better sounds than the stock kits IMHO

Back