Hello I am Gould, a drummer from Hong Kong

gould810

Here is my new drum video. Feel free to comment and watch, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwAjxy939U&feature=youtu.be

The first drum video of the new project is beginning. I will play some original song with my musician friends. Here is the first song called 'Silver Lining' (I just watched the movie recently, but no related with the song). So feel free to share and enjoy.

Song written by Gould Wu
All Guitar by Abby Cheung
Recording, mixing by Gould Wu
Film and editing by Gould Wu

Equipment list:

Kit:

Ludwig -
Classic Maple Drum Kit
Black Beauty Snare Drum
Atlas Pro double bass drum pedal

Cymbals:

Sabian -
14" HHX Evolution Hats
16" AAX Studio Crash
18" HHX X-Plosion
18" AAX Chinese
20" HHX Evolution Ride

Sticks:
Wincent 5AXL

-Gould
weibo.com/gould810
facebook.com/gouldwu
[email protected]

Hi Gould, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around rather than posting a video & running ;)

I like your style. A few minor timing issues towards the latter portion of the video, but a great tune. Thought your drum sound overall was very flat & muffled, especially the snare. I think opening that sound up a bit & dropping the drums down in the mix will help the song.

Hope you don't mind the comments - you did ask :)

Hi Gould, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around rather than posting a video & running ;)

I like your style. A few minor timing issues towards the latter portion of the video, but a great tune. Thought your drum sound overall was very flat & muffled, especially the snare. I think opening that sound up a bit & dropping the drums down in the mix will help the song.

Hope you don't mind the comments - you did ask :)

Sure I don't mind, thanks for the comment. I agree the snare was over muffled, I will make it better next time :)

Yea, the snare doesn't sound too good, but your cymbals sound great. Nice vid.

Nice drumming. I thought the snare sounded fine. I've got mine tuned a little higher, but I thought your snare sound fit the music just fine. Good job.

Very nice playing. You do have the control. very good job.

I wouldnt worry much about the snare sound, in the real recording situation I would leave it to the drum technician and the recording engineer, I know they usually do much better job.

"Our drum sound much better in records because we have good mixing engineers and drum technicians- Charley Watts."

Great performance.

Can you briefly explain your cam setup (is it just 4 HD webcams)?

I agree with the comments that request that you open up the sound a bit more, especially on the snare, but overall it's wonderful.

Back