Haven't Posted In a While

BoxcarDrummer182

so i haven't been posting for a while, so i thought i show you guys my new kit, practice space, and some new cymbals. i recently picked up a new Dixon Demon series 6 piece kit (picture five) and i love it! it really projects and has an awesome finish! the finish is black matte over black hardware.
I also picked up two new Zildjians, an 21" A Custom Medium Ride and a K 19" Dark Thin Crash. They're really awesome, the ride is extremely versatile with a killer bell! and the crash is just a wall of sound that really compliments my other crash. Here are the specs:
Dixon Demon Drums:
22x20" Bass Drum
13x6" Side Snare
14x6.5" Ludwig Rocker Snare
10x7" Rack Tom (not pictured)
12x8" Rack Tom
14x12" Floor Tom
16x14" Floor Tom
Zildjian Cymbals:
14" A Custom Mastersound HiHats
19" K Dark Thin Crash
21" A Custom Medium Ride
20" A Custom Projection Crash
18" Oriental China Trash (not pictured)

DSCN0014.jpg

Front View

DSCN0009.jpg

Drivers Seat View

DSCN0012.jpg

A Custom 21" Medium Ride

DSCN0013.jpg

K 19" Dark Thin Crash

DSCN0010.jpg

Set List for the show if you're interested

the reason why the 10" rack tom and china aren't pictured are mainly because of the show i have coming up this friday is a Beatles tribute show and i really don't need them for the show.

yah man i love it! i was very upset with the quality of the gretsch club kit. but this one is like heaven! cheap too! only 1k for the shell pack! and the shells are birch and basswood i believe? could be just birch but don't quote me on it.
-alex

Great setup! I want to get to chance to play some of those Dixons. I saw them at the local music shoppe. They sure look impressive and I wonder how they sound in person. I like your choices in cymbals, and love the setlist! I'd love to play a Beatles cover show like that.

haha..hey. MG's can sound good..

my guitarist's just got 2 marshall stacks..and i think they sound good...

but boxcar - i really like the kit..glad your happy with it! =)

Alex

actually no they can't. Seriously they are terrible. Why did your guitarist buy 2 marshall MG stacks when he could have probably bought one DSL at least with the same money? Doesn't seem to make that much sense to me.

well, i worded that wrong..i meant, both of my guitarist bought half stacks...so we have 2 stacks all together until i buy the bass stack...the reason we got them is cause we got them for like 500 bucks..

sorry for hi-jacking the thread..carry on =)

Alex

hahah the mg's are just for rehersal purposes. but the kit sounds really great! i just need to wait for 2 more CS heads and a iordered an Aquarian Superkick 2 for a really punchy sound!
-alex

Back