How do people get such big kits?

Alexp1401

I really don't know how people can afford all these kits, I haven't upgraded my kit at all since I got it, except from some new pedals I got for my birthday, I just can't afford it, I'm 15 and really want to upgrade my kit with mainly new cymbals, buy they're so expensive. I can't get the money together and I don't know any ways to get cymbals and stands any cheaper, if anyone knows of a way to get cymbals cheaper or something I could do at age 15, excluding a job, I live too far away from anywhere I can go, all the pubs near me only take 16+

Most people with big expensive kits have jobs and have saved up enough money for them.

Or they're endorsed.

Or they find really, really excellent deals.

But, to get big kits, you need money, and to get money you need to make money.

They get them the old fashioned way, They steal them ;)
Right Sticks?

Hi there Alex....I can only say to you that a very large percentage of ladies and gentlemen on this forum have had to pay their dues in order to have these beautiful kits you see here.

By paying dues I mean having some sort of income. Many of the people here have mortgages, kids and other issues. They all have had to work hard to have this gear.

There really isn't any way around it, you may need to consider getting a job somewhere and save hard. Money talks my friend.

But, maybe you could ask your family to get you gear for your birthday, christmas etc. Maybe check out your local "for sale" column in your local paper. There is ebay (be careful with it though). Consider getting a bit at a time...hope this helps

Most people with big expensive kits have jobs and have saved up enough money for them.

Or they're endorsed.

Or they find really, really excellent deals.

But, to get big kits, you need money, and to get money you need to make money.

That's the thing I can't do, I can't get a job anywhere near me, so I'll have about a maximum of £30 which is ridiculous to spend on drum equipment.

Did someone say big kits!

1109.jpg

I didn't get this until I was 45.

Hi there Alex....I can only say to you that a very large percentage of ladies and gentlemen on this forum have had to pay their dues in order to have these beautiful kits you see here.

By paying dues I mean having some sort of income. Many of the people here have mortgages, kids and other issues. They all have had to work hard to have this gear.

There really isn't any way around it, you may need to consider getting a job somewhere and save hard. Money talks my friend.

But, maybe you could ask your family to get you gear for your birthday, christmas etc. Maybe check out your local "for sale" column in your local paper. There is ebay (be careful with it though). Consider getting a bit at a time...hope this helps

It's just gone my birthday 4 days ago, so it'll be a while til I get anything, and I don't get much as my family can't really afford it. I was thinking maybe someone on here could maybe have me do simple jobs for them if that would work?

Mate, I would have PLENTY of work around here for you, but I am in Australia...it is freaking HOT here at the moment. Just hang in there. Put an ad in your local paper saying you are looking for work....

Mate, I would have PLENTY of work around here for you, but I am in Australia...it is freaking HOT here at the moment. Just hang in there. Put an ad in your local paper saying you are looking for work....

That's the thing, where I live there isn't a local paper, I live about 10 miles from anywhere with places to work, except pubs which are 16+

That's the thing I can't do, I can't get a job anywhere near me, so I'll have about a maximum of £30 which is ridiculous to spend on drum equipment.
I worked on a farm at age 12. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, there's still usually casual work you can pick up. I used to wash cars, do gardening, dog walking, just about anything to earn a crust. I bought my first "kit" aged 16, and it was made up of different pieces of good quality gear that needed repair and/or refinishing. That way, I got a good sound for the small sums of money I had earned.

You can probably find a 3 drum set of Roto-Toms for about a hundred pounds. That's 3 more drums right there. I only say that because I was thinking of getting some myself.

I worked on a farm at age 12. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, there's still usually casual work you can pick up. I used to wash cars, do gardening, dog walking, just about anything to earn a crust. I bought my first "kit" aged 16, and it was made up of different pieces of good quality gear that needed repair and/or refinishing. That way, I got a good sound for the small sums of money I had earned.

There you are Alex...a great piece of experience for you to consider!

Back