cool funk version of "I feel good"

Found this, thought I would post it. May have been posted before, nevertheless- Awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGxbtx0UYs

Although I like it, IMO it "took the funk OUT the song".

Funk has a movement, there's WAY to many stops/starts to loose the groove in for my liking.

Funk ain't got no lost groove man!! Even if you HIDIN' it, the groove ain't LOST!

"I Feel Good" is already funky enough. Not bad playing but like vipercussionist, I too feel that it wasn't that funky at all.

WOW!!(sarcasm) I kept going back and watching the video to see what was so offensive.
I couldn't find anything and every time I watch, I think AWESOME!! I love this arrangement!!

WOW!!(sarcasm) I kept going back and watching the video to see what was so offensive.
I couldn't find anything and every time I watch, I think AWESOME!! I love this arrangement!!

Well the playing was good, but the stop-starts? Completely killed it.

man... nothing can kill "groove" worse than a drummer who's sure he's the man. not that that version was approaching listenable anyway.

im sorry you are getting so much hate on this clip you like. but for me it typifies tasteless drumming and is just another reason people hate on us.

not for nothin... but JB would have thrown him off the stage.

The stops are what I like, and how can you say this guy thinks hes the man?? Boy for a
bunch of musicians you guys sure are harsh critics. Remember, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Maybe I'm weird, but I really like it, and I think the fact that most people have a strong dislike for it makes me like it even more!!

The stops are what I like, and how can you say this guy thinks hes the man?? Boy for a
bunch of musicians you guys sure are harsh critics. Remember, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Maybe I'm weird, but I really like it, and I think the fact that most people have a strong dislike for it makes me like it even more!!

Its not that we don't like it (at least me) but I think the stops kind of kill the "funk" in the song

IMHO , it's like they rehearsed it with the long rests which I think is a little "hey look at me" type thing ,fumbling around with his snare stand which I think is rather tacky .. I do like the groove he's laying down but a few tasty fills in all the holes would be nice too or at least tighen up the breaks !

Dw Drummer

I liked the way he broke down the groove with the extremely dotted feel, so listening to him by himself was great.

But I agree with some of the other guys that for a funk groove to really work n cook, you have to find a way to fit yourself into all the other stuff that going on and create the funk along with the bass riff, the horn stabs, guitar comps, voice phrasing, or whatever. Its like a single groove, not just a cool drum thing happening by itself in left field.

It's a different take on the song, which is just fine. The drummer brought it, in my opinion. Good playing. I enjoyed this.

Harsh or honest? It's just interpretation and subjectivity.

Personally, I don't find this clip has much 'funk' about it at all. Was it bad? Well not actually, the playing was solid enough, but I just didn't like the way they chose to interpret the song.

that's my .02, and I don't think any rocks were thrown ;-)

Unfunky UFOs. The Mothership has taken off from this joint.

hehee- oh yes rocks were thrown!! So, most people don't like it. I happen to, I'm cool with it!! Just thought you guys might enjoy! Peace

Back