Yep.I Bought Another Kit.

Bull

Gold Member
I just got a used Ludwig Bonham reissue in cherry finish.
12x14
16x16
16x18
14x26
LM402
2- snare stands

It seems to be in decent shape. It has a few dings and needs a good cleaning. The previous owner said it's three years old. I plan on re-heading and overhauling it tomorrow. I will try to have some pics tomorrow night.

When did Ludwig start putting gaskets on snares? The Supra appeasr to be newish but has no gaskets.

8Mile's in trouble, beggin' for a piece of that double... bass

LOL!!!

Overhaul is in progress. Cleaned,polished and put new heads on the toms and snare.Of course I had to order kick heads! Sorry about the pics .No room to set them up in my house. It's going to be a few days before I can get decent shots.

535583_4737155384250_1041418072_n.jpg

263408_4737157664307_294802922_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is the greatest thread ever, super awesome kit and the best comments haha You got to get us some pics when you can finally set them up!

Those drums look gosh dang beautiful!
I love transparant cherry finish.
Nice score.

wow thats gorgeous...is it a craigslist score? Not sure what you mean by gaskets, are you talking about the lugs?

wow thats gorgeous...is it a craigslist score? Not sure what you mean by gaskets, are you talking about the lugs?

Yes, it's a Craigslist score.. I had seen it listed several times, The price kept dropping. I had begun to think something was wrong with it. I finally had to jump on it.

I'm talking about the rubbers gaskets on the lugs.

Thanks guys!

When did Ludwig start putting gaskets on snares? The Supra appeasr to be newish but has no gaskets.

Congrats.........always loved the Bonham sizes..............a lot of guys removed the gaskets on the newer supras to make them sound better.........that may be what happened.

Congrats.........always loved the Bonham sizes..............a lot of guys removed the gaskets on the newer supras to make them sound better.........that may be what happened.

Thanks!

The guy who owned this kit doesn't seem drum nerdy enough to have done that..

Thanks!

The guy who owned this kit doesn't seem drum nerdy enough to have done that..

Guys who buy Ludwig Bonham kits have an inner-nerdyness we don't see. It would betray their cool exteriors.

Bonham himself was very meticulous about his gear although he never showed it, remember.

I still haven't put this thing together completely. Tonight,I tuned it up for the first time. I haven't got all the hardware sorted out. I'm building a snare stand for the rack tom out of assorted scrap hardware but I will throw up a few bad pics ,anyway.

The horror of Frankenstand.
205520_4797488652544_555574960_n.jpg

mid tuning profile shot.
481732_4797489532566_597401595_n.jpg

Ruby and Cherry,the twins,in various states of undress.
416989_4797490252584_1535460840_n.jpg

Back