Brand New Kit

GrimmReefer

Hey guys. I am new to DrummerWorld but have been a long time reader. This actually where i did my research to buy this kit. I thought i would have some fun of my own and give a post of my kit.

Here are the specs.

Tama Superstar SL Custom

18" x 22" Kick
6.5" X 10" Rack Tom
7"x 12" Rack Tom
12" x 14" Floor Tom
14" x 16" Floor Tom
5.5" x 14" Snare
6.5 x 13" Spaun Snare

There is also a Roland SPD-S sampler on the left that i use. Soon to come will be two triggers. One for the kick and one for the second snare. They will only be used for samples not to trigger the actual drum sounds. My cover band plays rock and hip hop so triggered/sampled snare sounds are almost a must.

My Cymbals

20" A Custom Crash/Ride (used as a crash because the projection is awesome)
18" A Customer Crash
18" Z Custom China
10" A Custom Splash
13" K Custom Hi-Hats
20" ZBT Ride (The explination for the cheap ride is that i bought it years and years ago and honestly chose it over a Z Custom. I have had it for years and have yet to find a ride that i like more. I mostly use it for the bell. I actually replaced it with the 20" A Custom Ride about 2 or 3 years ago but still wasnt happy with it as a ride. I loved it as a crash so thats when i moved it up top for a crash and retired my 17" A Custom fast crash. So now the ZBT is back in action.)

Let me know what you think of my new kit. This replaced a 5 piece green Pearl Export.

Just a note, i have already ordered all new skins but am extreamly surprised at how well the stock heads sound. I will probobly play my two gigs this weekend with the stock heads since im not sure when the new heads will arrive. I also only have the moon gel on because of the room pictured. The echo is unbelievable so the moon gel helps. I keep it arround for certain gigs that have a "loud" room.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0024.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0024.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 325
  • Copy of IMG_0025.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0025.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Copy of IMG_0027.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0027.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I think you might have made an error in those tom sizes. They're definetly not both 10".

The kit is pretty nice. I've got a ZBT ride too. However the difference is that it's not by choice.

Man, looks great. I’ve had my hyper drives for about a month now, and you will not be disappointed. The sounds and the adjustability are great. Enjoy them.

Very nice, this was one of my potential new kits but I decided with Saturns :)

However, you're kit is just great! It looks like a great setup to me, i'm loving the layout.

If you can, could you take some pictures from the front of the kit? I'm hopefully going with a similar layout to this and need some more inspiration so that would great if you could!

Again though, great kit!

Ad

Back