Should a band post its set list?

no talent

My guitar player just contacted me in a frenzy. The bass players father posted our set list from last weeks gig on the website for this Saturdays gig at a different venue. Im not sure why he did, but im also not sure I care. It is kind of strange though that he did it because maybe people wont like us without hearing us because of a song we do or don't do. Thoughts on this? hahaha also its a picture of it and his feet and sock are showing,,,hahahah

All original band?

I don't mind seeing a set list from pro bands ahead of time and in these times it's almost unavoidable.

I've never seen someone post a cover band's setlist, I don't see the point. I guess you have to ask yourself, "will this bring less people in?". Probably not, I doubt people put that much thought into it.

Some/many cover bands in my town post a list of all songs they do on their website. It lets a potential customer see a cross section of their music. No secrets in a cover band, lol

I don't see it as a huge deal as long as you play songs that fits what the crowd wants to hear. If you are covering Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at a country bar, you might not want to advertize it before you play.

I've seen a ton of cover bands list what songs they cover on their web sites. Sometimes it is way over 100 songs. Might not be next weeks set list, but it also shows bar owners and patrons what they can expect.

I don't see it as a huge deal as long as you play songs that fits what the crowd wants to hear. If you are covering Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at a country bar, you might not want to advertize it before you play.

I've seen a ton of cover bands list what songs they cover on their web sites. Sometimes it is way over 100 songs. Might not be next weeks set list, but it also shows bar owners and patrons what they can expect.

This. At one point I played in a band that had probably 175 songs in the repertoire, and we listed them on our facebook page, sorted by genre. It let people know what they could expect.

Obviously, we didn't play the same setlist at every venue. Actually, we never used a setlist. :) It was different every night.

In any case, I don't think it's a bad thing for a cover band to put up a song list. It kind of sounds like the setlist-with-stocking-feet pic is kind of unprofessional, though.

...his feet and sock are showing...

There's something mis-typed there.

Personally I'm hoping your typo was to leave 's' off the end of 'socks', because otherwise, if the error was to inadvertently start the word with an 's', it's a picture I'd pay money to avoid seeing!

Back