Gretsch Catalina Ash Snare - Replacement Batter Head

Howdy:

Friend has a Catalina Ash Snare 5 X 14, with original batter head and wants to replace it. I know nothing about these drums.

What would anyone consider as the best batter-head replacement for this snare.

Thanks in advance…...

I don't know that he is looking for a specific sound. He drums to assist his finger mobility in his left hand.

He had a stroke about 2 years ago and has some finger and hand strength issues. He plays some rock, and some Hip-hop, No jazz, nothing too loud or complex as he often loses the stick on his left hand.

He is trying to re-program the right side of his brain in terms of dexterity and drumming helps this.

I don't know that he is looking for a specific sound. He drums to assist his finger mobility in his left hand.

He had a stroke about 2 years ago and has some finger and hand strength issues. He plays some rock, and some Hip-hop, No jazz, nothing too loud or complex as he often loses the stick on his left hand.

He is trying to re-program the right side of his brain in terms of dexterity and drumming helps this.

sorry to hear that. i hope he gets better.

well, looking online, the original batter head was a remo UT ambassador head. if you want to get a replacement of that, it the one i suggested, remo coated ambassador head

Cheers ….

Thanks for the advice. He does tend to love a little Pop in the snare if that helps.

In terms of his mobility, just loss of left-hand strength and brain processing. I mess with him as he has a healthy IQ of above 160 - Genius level, but now because of the stroke, he cannot compute fast.

He hates it if you ask 2 consecutive questions back to back that have overlapping reference, so to mess with him, I constantly ask 5-6 in a row.

Hey, what are friends for. I told him to hang with me and I'd have him retrained in 6 months or he'd wring my neck with his good hand.

Cheers ….

Thanks for the advice. He does tend to love a little Pop in the snare if that helps.

In terms of his mobility, just loss of left-hand strength and brain processing. I mess with him as he has a healthy IQ of above 160 - Genius level, but now because of the stroke, he cannot compute fast.

He hates it if you ask 2 consecutive questions back to back that have overlapping reference, so to mess with him, I constantly ask 5-6 in a row.

Hey, what are friends for. I told him to hang with me and I'd have him retrained in 6 months or he'd wring my neck with his good hand.
Major props to you for being a friend in his time of need. I'm sure pulling his strings a little will help lift his mood too :)

Cheers ….

you definitely are a great friend!

Back