TAMA Rockstar kit for $60

Concrete Pete

Hey Crew,

I guess people (as drummers) are starving, and selling their kits.

I just picked up a 5-piece Tama Rockstar kit with white shells, a Tama hi-hat stand, and a Dixon (double-braced) cymbal stand for a mere $60! The tom-to-bass hardware is missing, which I'll have to look for, but heck--not a bad deal in my book.

BTW, I started a side line-- buying and selling drum parts/kits, and I've made an average return of 210% over my costs. Not too bad, huh? I might fall back on this when rainy season kicks me out of construction work!

I'll take a few pics of the new set when I get a chance.

Cheers,
C. P.

Wow that sounds cool. I managed to do a good few trade offs before. I bought a guitar off a friend for £100 which i ended up making about £180 on a few weeks later lol.

Very cool, Pete. You seen to have found your "safe haven". Here, in the L.A. area, to much competition. Lots of cats already doing the "buy low, sell high thang". Keep it up. You'll have a drum shop to retire to, once you decide to hang up your concrete pump.

Hey Harry,

I moved up to the High Sierras from L.A.! L.A. was making me mean, close-minded, and started making me prejudiced from all the hateful attitudes down there. Racial tensions deluxe, and I'm not in any way a prejudiced guy--except I'm prejudiced against all a-holes, and they come in all colors, religions, and creeds.

I figured "when your environment starts to change you, change your environment"... Works for me!

I'm catering to the "starving drummers" up here, and doing what I can. So far, so good.

Rock forever,
Pete

Back