Mapex Saturn Manhattan

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I just ordered a Saturn Manhattan in Transparant Cheery Red lacquer shell pack from Amazon.
14x18, 8x12, 14x14, 5.5x14
They had it for a good price and I went for it.
I guess that is it a leftover from last years Mapex line up because I don't see it in their current configs on their site.
Amazon has a few more left in other colors if anyones interested. The price seems to be pretty good and free shipping.

Sticks, You finally got to me! :)

I saw a few of those on here last year. Very classy looking drums - really nice. Bob, I expect pictures the minute you get them!

I just ordered a Saturn Manhattan in Transparant Cheery Red lacquer shell pack from Amazon.
14x18, 8x12, 14x14, 5.5x14
They had it for a good price and I went for it.
I guess that is it a leftover from last years Mapex line up because I don't see it in their current configs on their site.
Amazon has a few more left in other colors if anyones interested. The price seems to be pretty good and free shipping.

Sticks, You finally got to me! :)
Congratulations buddy. That is a great looking finish. You will love them! Have fun. Hurry with the pics! :)

Thanks guys I will be sure to post the pics.
I have never played a Saturn and I have never owned a drum with walnut in the shell plies before.
I am looking forward to it.
I have been playing since 1970 and this will be my first kit of this level.
If I like the kit half as much as I like my maple Black Panther snare I will be very pleased.

Thanks guys I will be sure to post the pics.
I have never played a Saturn and I have never owned a drum with walnut in the shell plies before.
I am looking forward to it.
I have been playing since 1970 and this will be my first kit of this level.
If I like the kit half as much as I like my maple Black Panther snare I will be very pleased.
I kind of feel like a nervous expecting father right now. I am sure you will love them, but if you don't, be gentle with your review. :/

Last edited:
I kind of feel like a nervous expecting father right now. I am sure you will love them, but if you don't, be gentle with you review. :/
I think that I will be very pleased when you consider the drums that I play.
I am happy with my Sonor Safari, my Tama Stagestar, my Pearl Rhythm Traveler, and my ddrum/pearl concoction that I put together. LOL!

Im not hard to please.
I learned a long time ago that the person in the throne is what makes drumming happen and not so much the gear.
It will be nice to have something like the Saturn's in my woodshed though.
I can't wait to try the snare.

You guys must live in a whole different economy than I do. You have more sets than I have snares. Wow.

A Saturn bop kit is going to be sweet. I looked at Amazon, there are great deal to be had.I have considered on myself but currently I'm in love with my Meridian Maple Manhattan bop kit.

You guys must live in a whole different economy than I do. You have more sets than I have snares. Wow.
Actually Grunt, I sold my old 70's Gretsch kit a few months ago so this kit replaces it.
I am thinking of selling off some more gear when this kit arrives.

A Saturn bop kit is going to be sweet. I looked at Amazon, there are great deal to be had.I have considered on myself but currently I'm in love with my Meridian Maple Manhattan bop kit.
That is how I found the Saturn, I happened to be looking at the Meridian Maple Manhattan and I spotted the Saturn. I just had to have it!

I am happy with my Sonor Safari, my Tama Stagestar, my Pearl Rhythm Traveler, and my ddrum/pearl concoction that I put together.
Yes, I think you'll find the Saturn is a whole nuther level. Congrats.​

I have no doubt you'll be happy with them. Very nice drums.

Are you going to sell a set or two now?

I have no doubt you'll be happy with them. Very nice drums.

Are you going to sell a set or two now?
Thank you wildbill, I haven't completely decided if I want to sell anything yet. I use all of the kits that I have.
I have to wait and see how the Saturn fits into my drumming lifestyle.

Thank you wildbill, I haven't completely decided if I want to sell anything yet. I use all of the kits that I have.
I have to wait and see how the Saturn fits into my drumming lifestyle.
Have you told the other kits the bad news yet.

Have you told the other kits the bad news yet.
No, Not Yet! Im sure that they will be jealous for a while when they see the new member to the family.
I do love all of my kits though.
They each have their own personalities.
I really enjoy having variety.
For example, if I don't play one of my kits for a while its like having a new kit when I do set it up and play it.

I just ordered Gibraltar Flat Base hi-hat and cymbal stands for the new kit.
I want it to have that classic look.

Last edited:
Back