Where could I buy a used Cocktail set

Adam Bourque

I need a Cocktail set, and I have about $200-250 to spend. Please post if interested or no who's selling one.

(Also, off subject, but I tried to make a account pearls drum forums and drumchat but i couldn't post?)
drumset-1.gif

Last edited:
Unless you're buying a custom kit, I wouldn't overthink this for a cocktail set. Most of them at this price range are probably made in the same or similar Chinese factory. Go for one, buy some good heads, and go from there.

Almost all of the cocktail kits in the $200-$300 range are made in the same factory and come with exactly the same fittings, brackets, etc., you just order them with your badge/logo on it by the container load. If you decide to go with the cheaper kit, hop on Ebay and just get the best priced one with free shipping, it's all the same.

The Trixon kits appear to have nicer finishes, and I have heard a couple good things about them. The draw back is all the horror stories about customer service. Google "jim laabs customer service" and buy at your own risk. If you get a great kit you're good to go. If you happen to have any problems with the kit at all, good luck.

Cocktail kits are seriously gaining in popularity, I've got quite a number of custom ones I've done on my blog. Many of the setups can be put together by finding used drums off craigslist and piecing together kits. Good luck, cocktail kits are a freggin' blast to play.

Also, should I pay 40$ for something with a better looking paint job? Or just get a black or white, because it may get dirty and such.

Back