Are they the drums you really want?

Yamaha Absolute Maple with white marine pearl finish with virgin bass drum and about 4 or 5 toms. Nothing too exotic I admit. The blank check would be needed however for a trip to Nottwil Switzerland to a certain factory, to fill a small cargo plane full of cymbals and gongs back to the USA !

I think if i had a ton of money i'd get some custom drums from ocdp. I'm gonna try and one day get my self a set of tama s/c bubingas tho i think. Maybe if i get enough money as an internationally famous rockstar-cum-physicist i can get both! :)

I have to say that I am pretty satisfied with what I have now in my RC's, but if I had an unlimited budget, I would go for a DW kurillian birch kit in the same sizes that I have now.. with a light honey/amber stain. Gold hardware would probably go well with that finish. DW has recently added the Australian birdseye eucalyptus as well that is very pretty.

But somewhere in my secret place.. I have a longing for a nice Gretsch kit in a 4 or 5 pc.. Smaller sizes and that beautiful Gretsch sound. Red with maple hoops.

C'mon lotto!

If I had a blank check I'd give Unix a call I think... bubinga drums, 22x20 bass drum, 16x16 floor tom, 10x8 and 12x9 rack toms and 13x6 snare, 8x18 and 8x22 octobans if possible. All that in a natural burst, high gloss finish.
Cymbals would be all Paiste Signatures. Not completely sure which types though.

But it probably won't happen any time soon. The good news is that I'm fairly close with what I have now (yes, I realize there's quite a quality difference between Tama Superstars and a custom Unix kit).

Are you drunk? Just a hunch..

Wow, I seemed to have missed this one....

Sonor... I dunno where kurillian is from, however I once met a gal by the name of Jana that kept telling me that she was Finnish... I didn't really understand that because I hadn't even started.. (man I'm funny). and no, I'm not near the Arctic circle, I am sort of close to the Antarctic one though. As for the rest... I only got the sauna part.. something I miss.. Haven't had a good one in years.

Rendezvous, He may be.. or it may just be global warming ;-)

Peace!

Gretsch "Vinnie-kit" in gold sparkle. I'll have that very soon, though.

Main dream (issue) is a place I can keep it set up all the time and practice any time of the day. Thankfully at least during vacations which we music teachers have a lot of, and they're long, that's not a problem, but man how great it would be to have a studio with mics and camera set up all the time and have all my books and dvds rwadily available on a whim.

I've pretty much had my perfect kits:

Premier Club jazz kit,
TAMA Granstar and
Mapex Meridian Birch.

All do what I want them to do, they look good and sound amazing.

If I wanted a new kit any time away from those, I'd probably get either a Staccato or North kits.

My maple sq2s are just fine....someday a Brady kit will be the pinncle.

F

I think it would be a Brady drum kit.Probably Jarrah although Myrtlewood would also be really nice.
Haven't really thought of it because I am missing "some" money.
I assume a Sleishman Jarrah free floating kit wouldn't be bad either.

My Ludwig drums in Red Sparkle, Black Glitter Glass and Sable Black are all still doing very well.

A 6.5 Bronze will be added to the family in the next couple months as well.
:)

I haven't gotten to play one extensively, but if I had the money and could buy whatever I wanted right now, I'd go buy a Yamaha Maple Absolute in White Grape Sparkle:

IMG_4383.JPG

DSCN7418.jpg

22x20 virgin bass, 10x7, 12x8 (up), 14x12 and 16x14 (down) toms, and a 18x16 floor tom (on my left), a simple 14x7 brass snare, and I'll take one of them fancy hex racks, too.

Actually, now that I see those two pictures side-by-side like that I'm really hoping it looks more like that top Kermit-green picture in person. (I would like to point out that I would obviously do more research if this was for realsies). Can anyone chime in here? SoCalMike?

The picture on the bottom maybe. The top one is hot.

I'm afraid with a name like "White Grape Sparkle" it's not going to be as dark a shade of green as I'd want. :(
Sorry just me talking out loud again.:) My son would love it. Kawasaki green. I just don't do sparkles. My friend just traded in an orange Gretch kit like that a month and a half after he bought it. You really need to make sure you like really in your face colors and finishes.

For me it would be an Antique Black Sunburst Yamaha PHX kit...22 kick, 8,10,12 rack toms, 14, 16 floor toms...and of course a hex rack...:)..and Paiste cymbals!...:)

For me it's a toss up between Tama, DW, or C&C.

I'd probably go with a DW with all VLT shells, black nickel hardware in ruby glass...yeah..

Or a Red Sparkle Burst Tama Performer b/b. As cheap as they are their craftsmanship is superb and from my experiences they sound great!

Throw in some Paiste Twenty Custom and Meinl Byzance Traditionals and I am one happy camper...

...I was very happy with the four kits that I posted earlier in this thread.

But these have pretty much made me forget them.

These are my 24,16,13, 14x5.5 classics with the old faithfull cymbal set up, 20" Manhattan ride, 16" thin, 17"xtreme crashes, 14" dark hats, and the 18" Ed Thigpen ride.

These are the 22,14,12 classics with my 13x5.5" Craviotto snare.

I have culled the drum herd down to these two kit. I still have my collectors, but they are for sale at the moment.

I hate to admit it but excluding the 14x6.5" classic snare that I have on order, I think it is safe to say that I have bought my last drums.

Barry

Back