Pics of my Pearl Masterworks in the Studio

spides666

This kit is 2 ply Scandinavian Birch and 2 ply North American Maple with Maple hoops inside the Toms. 24k carat gold rims and lugs. I also have a 12" Tom but didn't use it in the studio this day.

IMGP0248.jpg

IMGP0255.jpg

IMGP0254.jpg

That kit looks amazing! You should pick yourself up a gold dw 5000 to go with your hardware.

hehehe

Super nice kit! but what's with the moongel and the EC2's? Just curious, but it seems a little much, but then again it is your kit so whatever floats your boat!

Thanks guys.

Bojangleman, yes the kick is double mic'd as were all of the drums. Sound bites, pretty rough ones here from the session. The medley is being mixed and spliced together properly. I'm in a Police tribute band hence the splashes. Octobans are coming

http://www.myspace.com/theauspolice

805Drummer I had a Pearl Icon Curved Rack and sold it like an idiot, I was in a Chili's tribute so had no use for it, now I'm desperate for a rack ha ha

Drummerchick435 it really depends on the room. At the rehearsal room I don't use moongels as the toms sing sweet, but in the studio had trouble controlling the overtones of the 10" and the 14". Did a gig saturday toms sounded rubbish no matter what I did. Kick and snare sound fantastic anywhere............toying with trying Remo Ambassadors on the toms.

Razorx I use

13" Zildjian Quick Beat Hi Hats
8" A Custom Splash
8" K Custom Dry Splash
16" Z Custom Crash
17" A Custom Crash
20" Paiste Innovations Heavy Ride
14" Oriental China (not pictured)

Looks like a great setup for a police tribute band, especially that inno ride. Nice stuff.

Awesome set man, and I went to the myspace page and you guys sound great......I added you to my page..........then went straight to e-bay and bought a Police best of cd. I have a couple live dvd's can't believe I didn't have a cd............drums sound great

Thanks Drumword, yes mate accepted you, love the look of your kit man

I'll let people know when the proper mixed version is done

I played a pearl masterworks that a friend had. It sounded beautiful! He didn't have the 24k bling though.

Yeah I will put some pics without mics as soon as I can.

Specs of the top of my head is hard...

8 " Tom
10" Tom
12 x14" Tom (not pictured, more a floor tom too deep for rack tom
14" Tom

12" x 5" Mapex Maple Black Panther Snare (man I love this snare)

Sorry can't remember the depths, I will find out

Back