My Custom Arcs Maple Stave kit!

Glum

Hey DW. After seeing works done by the guys at Arcs Drums on an Icelandic drum forum I decided to contact them and see if they could make me a kit. I decided on a small kit 18/14/12.

They would make the beautiful maple stave shells, drill them and do bearing edges and I had to get all the hardware. In the beginning I was going to use the lugs of a pearl forum kit that I got for 40$, but I decided on vintage slingerland lugs to make the kit more classy. I bought some vintage Slingerland lugs from ebay for the toms and the bass drum, used pearl forum lugs on the snare and the rest of the hardware (bass drum legs, floor tom legs) are from the pearl forum kit.

Alot of time went into cleaning rust and such of the old slingerland lugs and cutting the lug gaskets using a Lug Gasket mat I bought of drumfoundry.com. Putting some of your own effort into the kit only makes it sweeter =)

I am very very very happy with the kit both the sound and the look. Ingvi and Aron at Arcs Drums did a great job. Check out their site www.arcsdrums.tk

The sizes are:
18x14
14x14
12x8
14x5,5

Here are some pictures =)
img6474a.jpg

dsc04616t.jpg

dsc04623.jpg

dsc04626.jpg

dsc04627.jpg

dsc04628.jpg

dsc04634.jpg

dsc04636p.jpg

dsc04637q.jpg

dsc04639q.jpg

dsc04645.jpg

dsc04663.jpg

dsc04679.jpg

dsc04684e.jpg

dsc04686.jpg

dsc04688.jpg

That's one beautiful kit man, absolutely love the natural finish with the maple staves. really understated and classy.

Those are really beautiful drums. I hope they sound as beautiful as they look. If so, I am most jealous.

Doesn't another forum member have a stave custom Icelandic kit? I think his Dad made it. Same guy? I remember that kit looked similar, and he had a beautiful snare drum that sounded amazing.

Doesn't another forum member have a stave custom Icelandic kit? I think his Dad made it. Same guy? I remember that kit looked similar, and he had a beautiful snare drum that sounded amazing.

Yeah thats Aron, his dad makes those Arcs drums =)

Back