Two new Rode NT2000 condensers...

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hi!!

On saturday my new Rode NT2000 large diphragm condensers arrived! I was so excited to hold these quite expensive mircophones in my hands finally.

Next week I`m gonna record with my piano trio...a perfect start for these great condensers! Great great Rode quality, the mics come with a case and a good shock mount. Well and what to say about the mics themselves? Typical sound, decently lifted highs and this nice large diaphragm sound with more of this "low-end" then some small diaphragms. I was thinking about getting a pair of Rode NT5 or maybe some Oktava MK012 but in the end I really fell in love with those large diaphragm microphones I have to admit.

So, I really love them so far. My room unfortunately sounds bad, even a Neumann couldn`t develop its huge sound potential there. Though I`m confident that we`ll move this year so I can expect a room with better acoustics. Moreover, this year a nice laptop, a good preamp and an interface will follow to accomplish my dream of good recording equipment. Nevertheless I`m also weighing up whether a Shure Beta 52 is neccessary since the Rode record the whole kit very very well.

So far I`m happy with my father`s small Behringer mixer as well...it sounds good actually, doesn`t come up with much signal noise fortunately.

Well, the sounds from the trio recording with the microphones will be up in two weeks I guess. For now here are some photos:

KopievonSDC12698.jpg

KopievonSDC12699.jpg

KopievonSDC12700.jpg

KopievonSDC12703.jpg

KopievonSDC12705.jpg

KopievonSDC12706.jpg

KopievonSDC12710.jpg

KopievonSDC12713.jpg

Karl

Beautiful mics Karl, great to see some Rhodes out there being used!

Personally I'd still close-mic my snare and bassdrum for EQ/mixing purposes.

Looking forward to hearing the recordings!

Very very great karl. These should be great for micing the whole of your drums along with one more mic for the kick. The other advantage of these mics is that they will be amazing for the piano. You've GOT to post recordings when you're done mate!

Thanks a bunch!

Every day I love them more and more and I`m especially excited regarding the recording session next weekend. I`m definitly gonna post the music here!!

Wow, also I`m excited about november. Then I`ll be able to get the preamp and the PC. I`m quite convinced that I`ll get myself an iMac. It`s not too expensive, portable and beats my current desktop PC about five times. :)

Furthermore, I`m actually thinking about getting some Rode NT5 as well. I really like condenser microphones as they sound finer and fit my "style of music" very well.

I thought about using them for the snare and the bass drum. I know that I have to be carefull about this but what do you think? NT5 for snare drum or bass drum?

Karl

Back