YAY New Kit - Sonor Force 3007 Jungle Drums!

henhog

Hey all,

I'm moving to Canberra (the Capital of Australia) to go to University at ANU. I'll be studying a Bachelor of Music majoring in Jazz and I needed a Jazz/transportable/Canberra kit. I've been researching for some months and I wasn't really prepared to pay ridiculous prices for a tiny kit (nor do I have the money being a student and all) so I opted for this little beauty (over the Gretsch Catalina Club and the Yammie HipGig). This is a Sonor Force 3007 Jungle kit, made from 100% Maple in Smooth Red Burst. I'm really happy with the kit - although it's made it China, it still has pro features and is of quality build. Indeed, it has some features that even my Oak Customs don't have, like rubbers between the lugs and a massive tuning range (thanks to the big lugs). Anyway, enough talk. Hereit is set up! (For those who are interested, I'm using a Canon 350D with a 50mm Canon EF Lense).

The Sizes are:
16x16" Bass Drum;
14x5-1/2 Yamaha Copper Nouveau Snare;
14x12" Floor tom
10x8" 1st Tom

Cymbals:
20" Zildjian K Constantinople Medium Ride (or 20" Zildjian K Custom Dry Ride);
18" Istanbul Agop Mel Lewis Crash/Ride;
13.3" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Hats.

H

Attachments

• IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 2,685
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,021
  • IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 2,305
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,993
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,152
  • Kit1.jpg
    Kit1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 3,231
Henhog that is one sweet looking kit and I am enjoying the pics as well...you did a nice job with that canon! Enjoy the new toy; I mean gear :)

I love your setup, and I know these drum's sound great. The bass drum is even quite deep sounding for being 16x16. I had a toss up between this and a tama kit. I went for the tama because it had an 18" kick. Slightly more versitile. I must say again though, really nice kit!

Love the Sonor and the photo with the piano is most excellent. Good luck in school.

I've seen a lot of drummers around here who are getting these fine kits. I think that they are great! I want one too. Have fun with your new drums!

Very cool. I just completed my own jungle kit the other day using some old drums and being creative. The bass is an old 16x16 floor tom, the floor toms are old rack toms. It is really fun to play on...I've actually been playing it more than my main kit!!

16970_612640032783_48204089_3540435.jpg

I cant handle this!

This is one of the nicest kits on the forum. So clean and what a wonderful choice in cymbals.
Ive always had a soft spot for the newer Sonor Jungle kits, with the wood hoops and full lug count. They are almost REAL, if you get me?

All the best at school, and with the new kit.

SIMPLY GEORGEOUS, now I know what jungle kit I am getting for my grandchildren.
Best of luck in school, practice, practice, practice.
Cheers

Back