Any ddrum players out there?

Andrewski

I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now and I finally got around to snapping some good shots of my kit. I'm still in a transitionary phase as far as set-up goes, but for the most part it's pretty consistent.

S7301421.jpg

S7301422.jpg

S7301424.jpg

Ddrum Diatribe with 24"x18" kick, discontinued the week after I bought it Christmas two years ago. 13"x9" Mounted tom, 14"x14" & 16"x16" floor tom (14" pictured in background of side-shot pictures) I've been torn as to whether I want to play a 5 or a 4 piece, and I've been swapping back and forth between the 14" and the 16" with the 13".

13"x4" Tama Soprano Steel Snare, replacement to a Ludwig 13"x3" Maple Piccolo I set on top of my car and drove off with...yeah.

Also have the 14"x6.5" ddrum factory snare that came with it, but I don't play much as it's much too deep for the style of music I'm playing now (reggae/ska-ish)

Cymbals shown include:
Sabian 14" AAX Stage Hi-Hats (Top-hat has major cracks - ordering a new one on the store's next Sabian order)
17" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
21" Zildjian Armand Ride
18" Sabian AA China (Don't actually play this with my reggae band, just had it up from practicing on my own last night)
7" Zil-bell not pictured.
Iron Cobra Jr. Double Kick

Any other ddrum players out there?

I dig your kit man, good looking, clean set up. What wood are the drums made of?

Nice kit mate. I'm a big fan of Ddrum but in the UK we don't get all of their range and there are certain discontinued lines I'd snap up in an instant that didn't make it over her. AMX for one.

It looks great! I love the color/finish. I've been playing my Ddrum kit for over a year and I still love it. Check it out here.http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52761

I've been torn as to whether I want to play a 5 or a 4 piece, and I've been swapping back and forth between the 14" and the 16" with the 13".

I know what you mean. I go throught the same thing. I like playin 5pc ( 1up-2dn) but when I'm playing out alot i want to simplify my setup as much as possible.

I have a DDrum Diode, smoke acrylic (thanks to walkera1962)! It's a great live set and the 26" kick is a monster

LMFAO the guys on the Pearl page are all spazzing out and saying that Ddrum is crap and everything they make is average at best.

My favorite snare is my 13x7 DDrum Dios bubinga. It's replaced my DW 10&6 as my primary snare.

I'm using that as my side snare, it sounds great tuned up high.

DDrum Dios bubinga drums are great drums for a very nice price. Love mine for sure.

Really nice kit!

I bought mine off eBay about 2 months ago. Tell me what you guys think!

Here it is!
picture.php

picture.php

Ddrum Diaton Acrylic Soda Pop
20x20 bassdrum
12x8 tom
16x12 floor tom
14x12 floor tom (not pictured)
13x7 snare

14" Zildjian Custom K Dark hats
17" Zildjian Custom Z Rock crash
21" Sabian Stage ride
16" Wuhan trashed-up chinese

Tama Iron Cobra powerglide double-pedal
All pearl hardware
Roc n' sock hydrolic trone

Nice kit. It looks like that kick would sound like a monster! I haven't ever played a Ddrum kit either. But to all the haters: If you take a kit made with good wood, as these DDrums are, tune them properly with good heads, they will sound just as good as anything else out there. Damn Pearl drummers, anyway, hehe.

Great color too. By the way, I would go with two floors. There is NOTHING like having two levels of thunder on your right side to accent dynamically 'up' sections of songs!

Take care,

Joey

I LOVE ddrum, will probably buy another kit by year's end. These drums are so nice and their quality is great. I've heard that there may be a few skeptics out there but they should try the new ddrum stuff and I think they'd be convinced!
drum-1.jpg

Really nice kit!

I bought mine off eBay about 2 months ago. Tell me what you guys think!

Here it is!
picture.php

Ah the diatons! It's not well known but Ddrum sources their seamless acryllic shells from Kirchhoff Schlagwerk in Germany. Same place Sonor gets theirs. Think of it like getting a SQ2 acryllic kit for about a third of the price. LOL.

I think that's probably why so many ddrum trolls hate us. That can't stand that we got one over on everybody and got amazing kits at amazing prices. Before anyone calls me a NOOB, though, i had already been playing drums for twenty years before Ddrum made their first acoustic kit. I owned Pearls, Tamas and a couple vintage Ludwig kits, I'm not the 17 year old first time buyer.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44494&highlight=dios+bubinga

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45810&highlight=ddrum+diatribe

Back