The green giant!

The current setup for my all maple PDP x7 kit plus 13x7 Pork Pie vented little squealer.
I sold my Sabian xs 20 cymbals and have been saving up for a nice line of Zildjian K's and A custom hats, which I am planning on picking up this weekend! The excitement can hardly be contained!!! So for now I'm making use with what I have on hand and it's working fine for now. The color looks unbelievable under some stage lights and is great for what I paid.
The dimensions of the drums are as followed
18x22 Bass that thumps with the evans skins
Pork pie little squealer vented snare (Highly recommended)
7x8 accent tom
8x10 rack tom
9x12 rack tom
12x14 floor tom
14x16 floor tom
The drums are all maple and sound great, my only complaint would be with the snare which wasn't terrible just wasn't up to snuff with the rest of the kit and was quickly replaced. As my name says I'm definitely in pursuit of a true DW kit so I guess I'm on the right track.
Suggestions for the kit are welcome! Thanks guys

Attachments

• DSC01006.JPG
    DSC01006.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC01014.JPG
    DSC01014.JPG
    481.8 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC01021.JPG
    DSC01021.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC01022.JPG
    DSC01022.JPG
    490.7 KB · Views: 383
Don't get me wrong mate, seriously play whatever way you want but all i would suggest is have you tried putting the 10 and 12 inch toms closer together? Can't wait to see the new cymbals, would you care to elaborate or do we have 2 wait for you to post pics on the weekend lolz? Speaking of which i see you've got a zxt titanium. They're actually okay cymbals, i've got a zxt titanium china and it's the best Zx/b/hT cymbal i've heard.

No I completely agree the throne I was using wouldn't adjust any higher and with the toms closer together and more upright they were touching the top of the bass so I put the security of the drums over my comfort lol.
22 inch K dark medium ride
16 inch K dark crash
14 inch K Custom crash
14 inch A custom Projection Hats
and actually I'm getting a Mapex 12x7 Black Panther as kinda a freebee so I can't complain

Yeah I have the 16 inch crash cymbal and I have the 10 inch splash also I think I got them both for 60 bucks. It really isnt a bad cymbal they are both just super bright and the bell is ridiculous is sounds like a legit glockenspiel. Haha

Back