Need help identifying exact model of this starclassic snare please

hatebreed

Here's 3 pictures of it.

http://imgur.com/a/fC80G

Obviously i know it's a Tama starclassic and i'm certain it's maple. But i don't have it in hand and need to find out some information about it. It has 10 lugs. Die cast hoops? How many plys? Size? What finish is it? Value?

I suppose a link to the tama website with this model of snare would be the easiest answer!

Thanks for the help.

Here's 3 pictures of it.

http://imgur.com/a/fC80G

Obviously i know it's a Tama starclassic and i'm certain it's maple. But i don't have it in hand and need to find out some information about it. It has 10 lugs. Die cast hoops? How many plys? Size? What finish is it? Value?

I suppose a link to the tama website with this model of snare would be the easiest answer!

Thanks for the help.

Don't know anything about the snare, but Tama Starclassic maple snares are going between $400 and $800 on eBay. Seems like a moderately valuable snare if in good condition.

Clearly diecast hoops from the pic. Tama hasn't used that throw off in years, at least not since the early 2000s. My guess, and it is just that, is that it's one of the first Starclassic offerings. Search the Tama catalogs from the late 90s and you may run across it.

I'm pretty sure that drum is a Tama Starclassic G,#SGS146H .The shell is 13 ply 10mm maple and is actually 14 x 6 not 6.5.That strainer was starting to be used by Tama in 2003 and it's the MCS70 A model.The stain is called cherry black....mostly black and not much cherry.Id say 4-550 US .They're pretty nice drums and project rather well.

P.S. the # is the number sign,before some genius first turned it into the pound sign,then the equally idiotic.....hash tag????? WTF

Steve B

I'm pretty sure that drum is a Tama Starclassic G,#SGS146H .The shell is 13 ply 10mm maple and is actually 14 x 6 not 6.5.That strainer was starting to be used by Tama in 2003 and it's the MCS70 A model.The stain is called cherry black....mostly black and not much cherry.Id say 4-550 US .They're pretty nice drums and project rather well.

Steve B

Respectfully disagree. The G Maple models had brushed nickle hardware, a different throwoff, abalone inlay, and decal badge.

The inside also shows just how thick (and pale) a 13 ply maple shell looks.

I couldn't find a snare, but here's a tom tom that is Starclassic B/B in Smoky Indigo Burst...

Looking at the drum in question I think it's a closer match...

I agree about the G model,as I forgot about the abalone inlay,but there was an option with the strainer on the OP'a drum and the one you have pictured.So I guess I based my ID on that.Nice catch there Mr.Wolf....mea culpa.

Steve B

Back